305: The Ending...I didn't get it [spoilers]

edited October 2010 in Sam & Max
When I started with this season I didn't expect it to be so epic. I played through seasons 1 and 2 at their time and those felt like well-executed adventures that did the episodic thing right for the first time, but season 3 is so much better in probably every aspect I can think of. I mean, I play a lot of games but this one will be remembered...

But there are some things that I've been wondering about.

1. Who exactly is that Max coming out of the Elevator in the end? He said something about time-travel and Sam being blown up because he was a giant monster. Is there some formal explanation to this? Has it something to do with the other seasons that involved a lot of time-travel? What am I missing?

2. Sal is dead(?) What about Sam Jr (heard somewhere I could pick him up at the end. Didn't do it.)? What about that giant cockroach at the end of the credits?

Comments

• edited October 2010
    The other Max is from Chariot of the Dogs. Remember the second Sam & Max that escaped from THEM's ship? They've been off having time travel adventures this whole time.

Yes, Sal's dead. Sam Jr. is probably dead if you left him inside Max. You had the option to pick him up at any time after you put him on the platter. The giant cockroach was just a bit of Sam & Max randomness. For reference, here's a list of everyone that died in 305.

Girl Stinky, Skun-ka'pe, Sammun-Mak, Skun-ka'pe's minion (those four were all on Skun-ka'pe's ship when it exploded), Sal, Max, Alternate Sam, and possibly Sam Jr. if you didn't pick him up.
  • edited October 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    Remember the second Sam & Max that escaped from THEM's ship? They've been off having time travel adventures this whole time.

I assume OutsiderXE haven't played through the first two seasons, and this clearly means he can't really remember the time travel thing...
  • edited October 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    I assume OutsiderXE haven't played through the first two seasons, and this clearly means he can't really remember the time travel thing...
    OutsiderXE wrote: »
    I played through seasons 1 and 2 at their time
    ... :/
  • edited October 2010
    I'll let you know when I find a way to cover up my messy post, by editing this one.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.