Change subtitles only in sam & max 2

edited November 2010 in Game Support
Good day,

I own a german version of sam and max season 2 and the publisher really did the worst dubbing job possible. The actors were obviously bored and don´t really try to act. Epic fail. I hope some of my money went to telltale because atari should get nothing at all.
However... I installed the game in English again, but my English skills are not good enough to get every detail. Is there a way to get the german subtitles for the english voices? And Yes I know that there is not an way in the official options... but maybe there is a way with taking some files from the localized version.

Have a nice day everyone :)

Comments

• Hmmm, it might be possible if you manage to identify where the English and German subtitles are and switch them, perhaps by changing the filenames. There might be all kinds of issues caused by some things being longer or shorter in English and having been extended into two lines or shrunk into one line.

Another option might be locating the speech files and switching them, but again there's no guarantee. I feel your pain though, Japanese games usually suffer when dubbed into English.

I only have the English version so I can't try anything but hopefully someone with the German version will come along and help you out. You might be able to attract the attention of some German users by changing the title of the topic. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.