2 minor glitches: failing mouse pointer restore + camera position

edited February 2007 in Game Support
Hello,

I've just started playing S&M E1 which I got as a birthday present :). Here are 2 things I already noted being in need of improvement:

- in some cases, when Max is speaking and the camera is switching to him, it's possible he's "covered" by obstacles. For example, I was looking at one of the cacti in Sybil's store, Max standing right between me and the cactus. When he started speaking, all I saw was a blue screen (Sam's back).

- I currently have the problem that the mouse pointer is not being restored to normal again. Normally it's possible to drop an object back into the inventory by clicking the right mouse button. Right now, it's not possible for me to do so (to be more exact: the object seems to be put back into inv., since I cannot apply it to the surroundings any more, but the mouse pointer still looks like it's active). I think this was caused by selecting two objects from the inventory shortly after each other (without waiting for the first one to be kind of completely removed from the inventory; clicking the second object right after the first one, that is).
EDIT: After leaving the scene, the mouse pointer luckily is behaving normally again.

Since I'm not a native English speaker, I hope I gave a reasonable description :)

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    Welcome to the forum. :) Thanks for the info.
    Lee Harvey wrote: »
    in some cases, when Max is speaking and the camera is switching to him, it's possible he's "covered" by obstacles. For example, I was looking at one of the cacti in Sybil's store, Max standing right between me and the cactus. When he started speaking, all I saw was a blue screen (Sam's back).

Yep, that happens sometimes. :p
    I currently have the problem that the mouse pointer is not being restored to normal again. Normally it's possible to drop an object back into the inventory by clicking the right mouse button. Right now, it's not possible for me to do so (to be more exact: the object seems to be put back into inv., since I cannot apply it to the surroundings any more, but the mouse pointer still looks like it's active). I think this was caused by selecting two objects from the inventory shortly after each other (without waiting for the first one to be kind of completely removed from the inventory; clicking the second object right after the first one, that is).

Hmm... I think I know what you mean, but I've only had this problem with the gun before. Going back into the inventory and selecting another item, then dropping it back in the box should fix it, too.
  • edited February 2007
    Here's how I did it (just tested it):

- being in Bosco's store:
    - select an item (I picked the boxing glove) from the inventory
    - instantly after clicking the first item, select the gun
    - get knocked out :)
    - wake up, crosshair is still on, can't be "dropped"
    - select any item from inventory. it can't be dropped (or rather: the cursor remains with the item, even though it behaves like the pointer. it switches to the pointer though (but not permanently), when you hover over a clickable object...)

Hope I could make it clearer :)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    Thanks for the details, we'll check this out.
  • edited February 2007
    I have encountered the same cursor glitch in episode 3. The mouse pointer goes back to normal after I changed scenes though.
This discussion has been closed.