Max's Severed Head Code?

edited November 2010 in Sam & Max
Hello there.

I happen to love Sam & Max. And I also play Team Fortress 2. Some time ago I learned that I missed the opportunity to get this awesome Max-is-biting-my-head hat, also known as Max's Severed Head.
Of course I tried to get one. The only way to do so is trading with a player who owns one. Now the problem is that this hat is extremely expensive (means: worth many rare items). There is almost nothing in this game you can't get for a Max Hat.
I'll approximately need months if not over one year and a ton of luck till I'd have enough items. But by then the Hat will probably be even more expensive.

Just now I learned that the people who bought The Devils Playhouse from the Telltale Store received a Code to unlock the Hat.

If I understood right it should appear on this page for everyone who is entitled to get a Code:
http://www.telltalegames.com/tf2hats

Since not everyone who bought the game plays Team Fortress 2 (at least I hope) there should be some unused codes left, right? I have no idea if that still works but I'm willing try it.

So is there anyone who has an unused code? Of course you won't leave with empty hands (unless you really want to). I'm sure we can figure something out.
Please contact me via PM if you can help me out.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    First of all, there is aready a thread for trades like this. Second, the codes have expired.
  • edited November 2010
    First of all, there is aready a thread for trades like this.
    Where? I only found a thread about items trades and my matter is quite a bit different.
    Second, the codes have expired.
    I know someone with a Max Hat and he just told me that his code is still on the page I posted above. Why would it still be there if they have expired?
    I think there is a chance that those codes still work. What if you preordered the game and have been on vacation for the last 6 months or something? You wouldn't be able to use your code to get the promised hat then?

Yeah I know. But over the years people gave me so much false information (even though they were, of course, absolutely sure) that I like to confirm things myself.
  • edited November 2010
    Resueman wrote: »
    Where? I only found a thread about items trades and my matter is quite a bit different.

I know someone with a Max Hat and he just told me that his code is still on the page I posted above. Why would it still be there if they have expired?
    I think there is a chance that those codes still work. What if you preordered the game and have been on vacation for the last 6 months or something? You wouldn't be able to use your code to get the promised hat then?

Yeah I know. But over the years people gave me so much false information (even though they were, of course, absolutely sure) that I like to confirm things myself.

I have tried getting the hat twice using those codes before(from non-TF2 players), both didn't work. Also, I was talking about the trade thread.
  • edited November 2010
    First of all, there is aready a thread for trades like this. Second, the codes have expired.

i had preordered the game and didnt realize that i could get the hat (since i ordered through telltale instead of steam) until recently, and i just got it last week. so thats definitely not true ;)
  • edited November 2010
    The code doesn't just give you the hat, it also gives you the Steam version of The Devil's Playhouse, so we weren't really supposed to give them to other people.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.