Help Sam and Max error

edited November 2010 in Game Support
Please
I've upgraded win xp drivers
and Direct x

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Sam and Max 201.exe Can I get a phone number to help resovle this tonight?
  • edited November 2010
    No. Just describe your problem here.
  • edited November 2010
    dude, you dont need to make two threads for the same problem. You can actually post more than one time in a thread. even its your own. fascinating.

so please, stop using two threads for one problem and tell us exactly what your problem is. none of us has the second sight.

you have to give us a little bit more information, than "it doesnt work"
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2010
    I merged your threads.

Please post the exact error message you get.
    My crystal ball says, that you might have to set your display color depth to 32 bit.

In case that's not the problem, please post a dxdiag log.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a reply in this Thread.
  • edited November 2010
    I apologize for creating 2 threads.
    My exact error msg says:
    SamMax201.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvience. Please tell Microsoft about this problem. Send error report/Don't send.
    Display color depth is set to 32 bit.
    Here's my dxdiag log.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
    Driver Date/Size: 1/13/2007 11:33:00, 57344 bytes

The problem is probably your integrated Intel graphics chip. Only a few of the later Intel models kinda work sometimes, if recent drivers are installed. For your model there are no later drivers for Windows XP though, so i think you might be out of luck.

You can try playing the games on a different system, or request a refund at support@telltalegames.com.

The FAQ officially lists Intel Graphics as unlikely to work with these games:
    How can I tell if my video card will work with your games?
    Our games require 3D video cards that are new enough to run under DirectX 9. If you have a Geforce or Radeon card purchased within the last five years, our games will probably work! (To find out what video card you have, right-click the desktop and select Properties, then go to the Settings tab. Your video card should be listed here under "Display".)

If you have integrated graphics or an older 3D card, our games might not work for you. A good way to find out is to download the demo version of the game you're interested in buying. If the demo runs okay for you, the game probably will too.

(Special note for people with Intel graphics: If your video is included on this list, you probably won't be able to run our games. Sorry about that.)
This discussion has been closed.