The Sam & Max DeSoto that almost was

edited November 2010 in Sam & Max
While looking for any new video game news, I found a web page that had some concept art of a future version of Sam & Max's DeSoto from the never-released Xbox/PC game "Sam & Max Plunge Through Time". :D

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/11/the-sam-and-max-desoto-that-almost-was/

samandmaxdesotoplunge530px.jpg

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Woah, we gotta see that in a future episode.
  • edited November 2010
    Woah, we gotta see that in a future episode.
    I'm guessing the rights to it are probably tied up in some complicated legal purgatory, but who knows?
  • edited November 2010
    Most likely (though I REALLY hope not and that we can see this in a game), but at the very least I'd love to see the "every key does something even if it's completely pointless and bizarre" thing used in the future.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    I'm guessing the rights to it are probably tied up in some complicated legal purgatory, but who knows?

I can't speak for Steve and his legal dealings, but traditionally he's amazingly good at making sure he can use any Sam & Max idea in future projects, regardless of where it came from. This is especially impressive to me since for the most part he doesn't seem re-use or re-purpose anything.
  • edited November 2010
    Sam and Max ideas are pretty modular :D
  • edited November 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    I can't speak for Steve and his legal dealings, but traditionally he's amazingly good at making sure he can use any Sam & Max idea in future projects, regardless of where it came from. This is especially impressive to me since for the most part he doesn't seem re-use or re-purpose anything.

That is very impressive. I wonder how he does it.
  • edited November 2010
    It kind of looks like a cockroach, which makes it even awesomer.
  • edited November 2010
    Elvenmonk wrote: »
    That is very impressive. I wonder how he does it.

Being (basically) the creator and founder of the franchise would help. Also, not completely signing any of his stuff (creations, characters, concepts, etc.) away to others.
  • edited November 2010
    Awesome! I have only seen a pencil sketch of that thing from the back.
  • edited November 2010
    I'd love to see this sprited for a fan game or something. In fact, I think I agree with the Gentleman - I want to see this in a future episode. Or, better yet, a future season! Either way, I just want to see this awesome vehicle in a game. It simply can't just remain a piece of concept art for all time; it must be animated and controllable!
  • edited November 2010
    its an inspiring idea to have the Desoto with some modifications in future episodes... like a boat hull duct-taped to the bottom...
  • edited November 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Being (basically) the creator and founder of the franchise would help. Also, not completely signing any of his stuff (creations, characters, concepts, etc.) away to others.

Even then when you work for major companies (LucasArts and such) they usually demand the rights.
  • edited November 2010
    Elvenmonk wrote: »
    Even then when you work for major companies (LucasArts and such) they usually demand the rights.

That's not necessarily the case. Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, etc, these were conceived as part of Gilbert/Grossman/Schafer's work at LucasArts; it was their job to create these settings for the company. Sam & Max, however, was not, and was already its own series before Purcell joined LucasArts.
  • edited November 2010
    Does it have a flux capacitor?

-The Gneech :cool:
  • edited November 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    I can't speak for Steve and his legal dealings

sketch
Sign in to comment in this discussion.