Unable to run SBCG4AP ep. 1~4

edited November 2010 in Game Support
I've waited seven days and still have not heard back from tech support; and no, if they did sent me an email already, it never showed up in my spam filter, I just didn't get it. I'm running Windows Vista and while the fifth episode works just fine, I can't get Episode 1 through 4 to work. My XDirect is already up to date, so that is not the problem.

My code is 'issue-37587'.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Your display color depth is probably set to 16 bit.
    Sam & Max S1 and S2 and Strongbad Episode 1-4 (but not 5) work with 16 bit color depth. The later games require you to set it to 32 bit in your display settings.
  • edited November 2010
    DjNDB wrote: »
    Your display color depth is probably set to 16 bit.
    Sam & Max S1 and S2 and Strongbad Episode 1-4 (but not 5) work with 16 bit color depth. The later games require you to set it to 32 bit in your display settings.

I'm already using 32 bit; that's not the problem.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2010
    I see. In that case please post a dxdiag log.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a reply in this Thread.
  • edited November 2010
    I see. In that case please post a dxdiag log.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a reply in this Thread.

Whoa, you got back to me sooner than I thought! Oh, and thanks for the instructions; I probably would have done it wrong otherwise. Anyways, here you go.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Card name: 256MB ATI Radeon X1300PRO
    Driver Date/Size: 6/13/2007 14:07:08, 2861056 bytes

You could try installing the latest Graphics driver and running the DirectX updater.
  • edited November 2010
    You could try installing the latest Graphics driver and running the DirectX updater.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

Direct X was already up to date, so that wasn't the issue. I was, strangely, only able to install about 3/4 of that Graphics driver but it fixed it up, so now I can play all the episodes now! Seriously though, thanks so much for your help; I was scared that I wasted 30 dollars of birthday money! Glad to see that wasn't the case.

Again, thanks for the help, I appreciate you taking the time to helping me out.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Bailoroc wrote: »
    I was, strangely, only able to install about 3/4 of that Graphics driver but it fixed it up, so now I can play all the episodes now!

I am glad it worked out.

That sounds odd though. What do you mean by installing 3/4 of it? Did the setup stop at some point?

It would be wise to uninstall anything graphics driver related, reboot, and then install it again, in order to have a consistent graphics driver installation.
  • edited November 2010
    I am glad it worked out.

That sounds odd though. What do you mean by installing 3/4 of it? Did the setup stop at some point?

It would be wise to uninstall anything graphics driver related, reboot, and then install it again, in order to have a consistent graphics driver installation.

Um...actually, yeah, that is exactly what happened.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to do what you just said without possibily crashing my computer. How would I do what you just said? I mean, uninstalling a program is one thing but uninstalling a graphic driver sounds...complicated and dangerous.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Bailoroc wrote: »
    How would I do what you just said? I mean, uninstalling a program is one thing but uninstalling a graphic driver sounds...complicated and dangerous.

It works pretty much the same way as uninstalling programs nowadays. If you uninstall all ATI software, your Vista will use a standard driver until you install a new Driver.

Even if against expectation anything should go wrong and mess up your graphics driver, you could still start windows in safe mode and fix it.
This discussion has been closed.