Telltale's site won't load for me.

edited November 2010 in Site Support
Whenever I try coming here it gives me an error message (I had to post this from my iPhone). The site's clearly not down. I tried restarting my computer and waiting a while, but that didn't help.

Any ideas? With Poker Night and BttF on the way, my computer needs to be able to access this site soon.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    It's back. I had the same problem.
  • edited November 2010
    As did I.
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah to be honest I thought telltale pulled off a "hey guess what, we are releasing the game TODAY!" and they site crashed from downloads.
  • edited November 2010
    Did you try pressing Ctrl + F5 when the page wasn't working? Sometimes you just have a bad cache.
  • edited November 2010
    It was working for a little bit, but now it's stopped again. I'll try clearing my cache later, but I'm not sure if it'll help.
  • edited November 2010
    Same issue as Anhony. Have to use my Android. I thought it was my network. IP pings time out. It came.back for a bit and is not connecting again now. Had to take my phone off WiFi to access the site.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2010
    It seems to be some weird network issue, occuring only in some networks...
    In my case DNS seems to be a problem.

It doesn't work with my DSL connection:
    $ nslookup www.telltalegames.com 8.8.8.8
    Server: 8.8.8.8
    Address: 8.8.8.8#53

** server can't find [url]www.telltalegames.com:[/url] NXDOMAIN

It does however if i use a VPN, e.g. hotspot shield.
    $ nslookup www.telltalegames.com 8.8.8.8
    Server: 8.8.8.8
    Address: 8.8.8.8#53

Non-authoritative answer:
    www.telltalegames.com canonical name = telltalegames.com.
    Name: telltalegames.com
    Address: 74.52.103.162

As you can see i even ask the same DNS server (8.8.8.8, google DNS) both times and get different answers.
    I have no idea why this happens, since both are recursive DNS requests to the same server. That means, 8.8.8.8 does the iterative DNS resolving and should give the same answer, seemingly depending on my route to the DNS.

For now i'll work around it by adding
    74.52.103.162 www.telltalegames.com
    to my hosts file, until it's fixed.
  • edited November 2010
    This site breaks on me like every day...
  • edited November 2010
    I was having this issue yesterday, but it seems to have resolved itself for me.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2010
    All of TTGs DNS Servers for telltalegames.com seem to be fine, btw. Who knows what's going on along the way.
  • edited November 2010
    My Internet was out all week, so I experienced no issues. So there. If you're still mopey, well a fie on you! Also, this song will cheer anyone ever up.
  • edited November 2010
    Well, I got the same problem yesterday. I kept trying to get the webpage to load, but I always got an error message. It seems the problem may have been resolved with the servers, though I'm not sure how long it will last.
  • edited November 2010
    I've been having this problem all day, tried clearing the cache, resetting my network connection, I even tried using IE instead of Firefox but I kept getting the same "cannot find server" error. It was happening yesterday as well, but only on and off. Ah well, seems to be fixed now.
  • edited November 2010
    I had the same problem a couple of days ago. Telltale's site wouldn't load no matter what I did on my PC.

But then I actually managed to get it working by going into my router's config and switching from British Telecom's DNS server to Google's.

Then this morning it was down using the Google DNS as well. But now it's up again. o_O

Do you guys have some sort of rouge DNS record flying around or something?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Everything seems to be fine here since a couple of hours ago.
This discussion has been closed.