Strong Bad E5 Crashes on Windows 7

edited November 2010 in Game Support
I'm currently trying to play Strong Bad Episode 5 on a dual-screen monitor with Windows 7 and the game tries to load in fullscreen mode, then immediately crashes and shuts down. The other episodes (which I played on my previous computer) all load without trouble and are in Windowed mode.

Is there a workaround for this problem so I can finish the game?

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Make sure your display color depth is set to 32 bit.
    Also try disabling the second display while playing the game.

If that's not working, try downloading and installing the episode again, after clearing your browser cache.

A dxdiag log could also be helpful.

Deleting the browser cache:
    Before downloading the game again you should delete your browsers cache/temporary internet files so that it is not loaded from there:

Internet Explorer 7: In the menu choose "Extras/Delete Browsing History...". In the resulting Window select "Delete files..." for "Temporary Internet Files".

In recent Firefox and Internet Explorer 8 you can delete the cache/temporary internet files with CTRL-Shift-Del.

In Firefox you would only select "Cache".

In Internet Explorer only select "Temporary Internet Files".
    Uncheck all other boxes in each case.

After installation check if the error still occurs.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a reply in this Thread.
  • edited November 2010
    I got it working after disabling the dual display and it runs without trouble after getting it off fullscreen mode. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.