Purcell Concept Art: Mole Miner

edited November 2010 in Sam & Max
MoleMiner.jpg

Here's another new piece of concept art that Steve Purcell has posted up on his new Sam & Max blog. This is yet another piece of concept art from the canceled 'Plunge Through Space' game (after posting the DeSoto design last week - discuss here). In the text entry below the piece, Purcell writes:

"Speaking of "Plunge Through Space", here's a character design-- a hapless Mole Miner enslaved with others of his kind to extract the yummy nougat from the center of his planet. 8X10 Acrylic"

Enjoy, guys! And discuss.

Edit: For all who are interested, you can read up a little on 'Sam & Max: Plunge Through Space' here and right here.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Edit: For all who are interested, you can read up a little on 'Sam & Max: Plunge Through Space' here and right here.
    Sorry for plugging, but the Sam & Max wiki left Wikia over a year ago for a more independent spot at samandmax.net. The one at wikia is seriously outdated by now, and it looks like it got an ugly top-down skin change these days.
    So for your Plunge Through Space info needs, please go here instead.
  • edited November 2010
    I'll just be changing that, then. Thanks.
  • edited November 2010
    It seems this new blog is great the more frequent posts, I only hope Steve posts the second Secret of Monkey Island comp on Spudvision.

Edit There's a new peice of film concept http://spudvisionblog.blogspot.com/
  • edited November 2010
    This specimen looks chubby, presumably because of all the nougat he ingests.
  • edited November 2010
    Randulf wrote: »
    This specimen looks chubby, presumably because of all the nougat he ingests.

If you ever saw the Animated series or the original Hit the Road game, this is how Purcell draws his molemen. Wonder why Telltale made them furry?
  • edited November 2010
    If you ever saw the Animated series or the original Hit the Road game, this is how Purcell draws his molemen. Wonder why Telltale made them furry?

I too wonder why TT changed the design. I thought it might have been legal ties with Lucastart, but after reading your comment that the hairless moleman design was used in the animated series, that is probably not the case.

I know that Harry Moleman was originally suppose to be an anthromorphic mole that is a caricature of the Godfather till Purcell suggested to TT that he should be a moleman.

Personally, I prefer the old design since the furry ones in the TT games look more mole-like as oppose to being half and half.
  • edited November 2010
    The molemen in Hit the Road didn't really have any mole-ish traits, aside from turned up noses and rodent-like posture. As a kid I just thought "Moleman" was their surname or a colloquial term for a recluse or something. :p

In the TV series they look about the same as that concept art, and in the Telltale series they're the same as that but with fur.
  • edited November 2010
    Also why would Telltale get rid of their claws? Hit the Road's molemen looked more like guinea pigs.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.