Poker Night problems: Black Screen + Broken Menu

edited December 2010 in Game Support
I launched the game and at the title screen all i see is darkness...I hit play game and i hear it, but there is nothing on the screen...and for some reason when i try to put in windowed mode, it gives me a "must close" error. :mad:

Comments

• edited November 2010
    I'm having the same problem. I just started the game up, and there's nothing. I hear the sound, and can access the main menu but beyond that, zilch...

Any computer geniuses have any ideas?
  • edited November 2010
    Have you guys tried a reboot? Sometimes Telltale's games are funky unless you reboot first before playing them.
  • edited November 2010
    I get the same issue, except I every time I try to change the resolution it crashes too.This is not good.
    My Specs: Integrated Radeon Xpress 200
    GeForce FX 5200( I can use either.)
    2 GB RAM
    2.0 Ghz 1 core
    I'll get an SS in a sec.
    tompo.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    markeres wrote: »
    Have you guys tried a reboot? Sometimes Telltale's games are funky unless you reboot first before playing them.

Yeah, no dice for me. I'm trying a reinstall at the moment.

EDIT: That didn't help. My screen looks just like the post above me.
  • edited November 2010
    I can play the game and it runs fine but the menus are all weird and no options are displayed like in that picture. Maybe redownloading...
  • edited November 2010
    Is this the Steam version or TTG reversion?

I can't help, but I'm installing Poker Night over Steam right now, so I want to know if my night will be ruined.
  • edited November 2010
    I dont think there is a TTG one yet. Just the steam one.
  • edited November 2010
    Same thing is happening to me... :( And I've been looking forward to this all day...
  • edited November 2010
    Same problem for me, which I was expecting and is why I asked about the reboot. It's the Steam version (the only one available currently). Maybe it would help if we all gave our system info? I'm on Vista 64-bit, with Intel on-board graphics, but I've never had a problem (at least like this) with another Telltale game.
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah. I get the same. I can't run it or change graphical settings because I will just crash.

I get a black screen in the title screen and throughout the introduction, it's just a black screen. I see subtitles and I can hear the voice, but otherwise, when it gets to the actual game, it says it has encountered an error and needs to close.

I'm on Windows 7 running on a 64 bit machine with onboard Intel GMAx3100 graphics and can run TF2 fine, and I also restarted my computer.
  • edited November 2010
    Well, I just uninstalled it and will wait for the Telltale version. Somebody elsewhere on the forum said there's sometimes differences between the Steam release and the Telltale release. Maybe they're also fixing some stuff during the delay between the Steam release and the Telltale release (*fingers crossed*)?

I just hope we don't have to go through this again when BTTF releases...
  • edited November 2010
    Interestingly, this seems to be a crossplatform issue. I'm getting it with my Mac, even though I have the graphics turned all the way down (Mac OS X 10.5.8, 1.83GHz Intel Duo, GMA950 graphics). I did see a picture on the menu screen when I changed the resolution to 800x600, but I couldn't reproduce it.
  • edited November 2010
    Intel on-board graphics
    Nayrb wrote: »
    onboard Intel GMAx3100 graphics
    wbwolf wrote: »
    1.83GHz Intel Duo, GMA950 graphics
    Wonder if it's an Intel graphics thing...?
  • edited November 2010
    I don't think so, I used to different cards, one integrated, one not.
    Also Radeon and GeForce.
    Might just be fluke for me.
  • edited November 2010
    I don't think so, I used to different cards, one integrated, one not.
    Also Radeon and GeForce.
    That's true. Sorry I forgot about you. :o My game crashed when I tried to change the resolution, too.
  • edited November 2010
    Same problems as you guys, also using intel graphics if that helps.
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah, having the same problem. The graphical errors, and the menu is just black with no backdrop, as is gameplay. Changing resolution or going into windowed mode crashes it, and I'm on Steam.
  • edited November 2010
    This is bullshit. I've been waiting forever and all i get is this crap. I am not amused and they should fix this soon.
  • edited November 2010
    Wonder if it's an Intel graphics thing...?

I have Intel too. But the Steam forums also seem to be up in arms over the glitches and bugginess... I don't think it's just an intel thing.

The fact that so many people seem to be having massive difficulties playing this game is kind of lame, to be honest. I'd rather have waited another week, or hell even another month if it meant not having to deal with a buggy and unusable game. TTG is pretty much the best, but I'm thinking they may have dropped the ball in a big way with this.
  • edited November 2010
    I hope TTG version doesn't do the same.
  • edited November 2010
    Uh, not even the telltale version works.
  • TEiTEi
    edited November 2010
    Sounding off with the same problem. Using an Inspiron 1525 laptop with Intel Celeron Inside, running Windows Vista.
  • edited November 2010
    Im having the same problems as Teddy Weddy from page 1

p4 3ghz ht
    1gb ram
    geforce 5900 ultra 256mb
  • edited November 2010
    koiboi59 wrote: »
    Uh, not even the telltale version works.
    Confirmed. This is not good. Not good at all. With so many people having this problem, Telltale had better find a way to fix it and not leave us all hanging out to dry.
  • edited November 2010
    Same problem here, using the Steam version.
  • edited November 2010
    Diagnosis:
    Lagged framerate
    Black screened background and graphics
    missing graphics from options menu
    game crashes after starting a game or changing certain settings

My graphics card is an ATI Raedon X1200 series
    DirectX 10.0
    gigabytes of free space
    AMD athelon 64 dual processor 6000+
    2.8 gb of ram
    Vista.

Runs TF2 and other Source games just fine.

Any cure(patch)?

EDIT: running steam version
  • edited November 2010
    Game won't start on either version.

The one time it DID work, the game ran super slow, the buttons to change the graphics were non existent, basically Telltale have sold me a game that does nothing.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm having the same problem. The game loads up and the background is black. When I try to change the resolution or some other settings, the game just crashes.
  • edited November 2010
    I never thought I would type these words, but Telltale has failed considerably with this release. How did they unleash such a seemingly ill assembled game upon the fanbase? Have any TTG reps even acknowledged these issues yet? I'm sure the game will be hilarious, but it sounds like even the people who can get it to work are having supreme problems. Sheesh.
  • edited November 2010
    I've been having those same issues, I tried forcing the windowed version (Alt+Enter)
    Surprisingly it doesn't crash the game like the menu option does, it also fixes the incredibly problematic mouse lag. However it does nothing to fix the missing graphics. Starting a new game only causes a black screen to appear with all the audio and, curiously enough, the subtitles to show along the bottom.

Is this something I'll need to spend the night fixing, or can I expect a fantastic patch that will fix this like magic by the end of the week?
  • edited November 2010
    Zootch wrote: »
    I've been having those same issues, I tried forcing the windowed version (Alt+Enter)
    Surprisingly it doesn't crash the game like the menu option does, it also fixes the incredibly problematic mouse lag. However it does nothing to fix the missing graphics. Starting a new game only causes a black screen to appear with all the audio and, curiously enough, the subtitles to show along the bottom.

Is this something I'll need to spend the night fixing, or can I expect a fantastic patch that will fix this like magic by the end of the week?
    What are your system specs, Zootch?
  • edited November 2010
    What are your system specs, Zootch?

Manufacturer- TOSHIBA
    Model- Satellite A215
    Processor- AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-58 1.90 GHz
    Memory (RAM)- 1918 MB
    System Type- 32-bit Operating System

Does that help?
  • edited November 2010
    This reminds me of a similar issue with Alien Swarm that was fixed by a patch.

I'd say sit tight and either wait for a patch, or word from Telltale.
  • edited November 2010
    I get the same issue, except I every time I try to change the resolution it crashes too.This is not good.
    My Specs: Integrated Radeon Xpress 200
    GeForce FX 5200( I can use either.)
    2 GB RAM
    2.0 Ghz 1 core
    I'll get an SS in a sec.
    tompo.jpg

The Same here.

My Specs:

GeForce 5200 (128 MB, dx8 hardware dx9 software supported, no official driver updates for years now)
    2,8 Ghz CPU (1 core)
    1,5 GB Ram
    Win XP SP3 (32 bit) (German OS)

I experience no tears in the menue but no captions on the buttons and when I start the game everything is black. I can hear Winslow and see the subtitles but when the game is supposed to start (something about 10000$) it just crashes to desktop.

It also crashes when I try to change the resolution or to enter windowed mode.
    It does not crash if I lower the quality settings for graphics or shadows and I can change the bleeping option without problems (at least I hope so, heard nothing bleepworthy during the intro)

This happens in the Steamversion and the TTG-Version of the game.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm not good with computers but these are my specs:

3400+ amd athlon 64 processor
    512 mb
    and 160

anything else i should be posting?
  • edited November 2010
    Can somebody from the Telltale Team help us already? This is a serious problem. I want to play. :(
  • edited November 2010
    Can somebody from the Telltale Team help us already? This is a serious problem. I want to play. :(

I'm sure they know, but I don't have my hopes up for a fix before the holiday is over.
  • edited November 2010
    Zootch wrote: »
    Manufacturer- TOSHIBA
    Model- Satellite A215
    Processor- AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-58 1.90 GHz
    Memory (RAM)- 1918 MB
    System Type- 32-bit Operating System

Does that help?
    koiboi59 wrote: »
    I'm not good with computers but these are my specs:

3400+ amd athlon 64 processor
    512 mb
    and 160

anything else i should be posting?
    What are your graphics/video cards? That might be the most important thing.
  • edited November 2010
    I saved a crashreport (started a new game and waited until it crashed)

Maybe it will help?
  • TEiTEi
    edited November 2010

I'm sure they're working on it. Unless they don't know, in which case that'd make me look like a rube, but if they do I'm sure they're working on it. :D
This discussion has been closed.