Steam Poker Night (Mac) problems starting up

edited November 2010 in Game Support
When I try to start up the Mac version of PN on my Mac it constantly boots and closes over and over again, the "Starting Poker Night..." window opening and closing like a madman and the Poker Night Icon appearing and disappearing in the dock over and over.

Everything's updated nice and proper, and it's a brand new Mac (last couple of months). Anyone else having problems similar to this?

Comments

• tmatma
    edited November 2010
    Yep, I'm getting exactly the same problem. Mine's an older (3+ years) Macbook Pro.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm having this same issue on my GMA950 Mac Mini. If it's happening on a MacBook Pro as well, I don't think it's an Intel chipset issue. I'm running OS X 10.6.5, what about you guys?
  • edited November 2010
    I'm also having this problem. Mine is a Macbook Pro that's about 2 years old that's running OS X 10.6.5.
  • edited November 2010
    10.6.5 here too.

Very frustrating :( Hope it's resolved soon.
  • edited November 2010
    Well I just realized steam might not be up to date so I updated it and the problem went away. I guess I've gotten so used to things updating themselves it never occurred to me. Hope this helps you.
  • edited November 2010
    Now it launches, but the graphics don't start rendering, audio only.

The system requirements on Steam say "An integrated graphics card"...

Still for the launch issue, updating Steam worked okay. Wonder why it didn't auto: I've fired up and shut down Steam three or four times trying to get it to work.
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah, the steam update did it for me too. Just won the Enthusiast's time piece :D Oodles of fun.
This discussion has been closed.