Poker Night makes my computer reboot

edited November 2010 in Game Support
So after waiting for Poker Night to come out, I download it and try to run it in Wine on Linux, but I need some C++ libraries. After I install those with winetricks, it still crashes, so I reboot into Windows XP and update my graphics drivers, etc. I put in my serial number and launch the game and I get a the telltale intro screen, and when the main menu appears the game gets really slow and my computer forcefully reboots itself. Any help? :S

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Could you tell me which libraries you installed? Because I can't even get it to run... Let alone enter my serial code.
  • edited November 2010
    Here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=A7B7A05E-6DE6-4D3A-A423-37BF0912DB84&displaylang=en

This installs the libraries needed, but from what I heard they uploaded/are uploading a version that doesn't need these anyways.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Would you please post a dxdiag log?

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a reply in this Thread.
  • edited November 2010
    DjNDB wrote: »
    Would you please post a dxdiag log?

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a reply in this Thread.

I don't have a windows-pc, I'm trying to run this game under Wine using Ubuntu/linux. I believe Sloshy45 said this quite clearly actually.

I know Linux isn't officially supported (yet), but it works fine for all Sam&Max-games, so I can't see why it wouldn't work for this one...
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited November 2010
    I actually meant Sloshy45, because he had trouble running it on a native Windows XP as well.
This discussion has been closed.