Poker Night at the Inventory failed to start (error code 51).

edited November 2010 in Game Support
As per the title, suffering from said problem.. something i've yet to see brought up by anyone.

Since i have the Steam version of the game, so far i've tried reinstalling the game, defragmenting the files/verifying the cache.. nothing helps, as the game always comes up with the 'failed to start/error 51' bit i try to run it.

So yeah, anything else suffering from this issue or happens to, by chance, know how fix to it?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Hi, I used to have the excat same problem. There are two possible reasons that I know: either your ClientRegistry.blob is corrupted, which is easily fixed by exiting steam, deleting offending file and restarting the steam. Steam will then automaticaly rebuild it.

Second is that you run F-Secure. F-Secure has known problem with DeepGuard that it will interfere with certain copyrighted games. Unfortunatly, Poker Night At The Inventory (PNATI?) is one of them. To solve this, disable DeepGuard from your F-Secure settings. It will allow the game run. This worked for me. It won't compromise your computer and you can turn it back after playing the game.
  • edited November 2010
    Mansikka wrote: »
    Second is that you run F-Secure. F-Secure has known problem with DeepGuard that it will interfere with certain copyrighted games. Unfortunatly, Poker Night At The Inventory (PNATI?) is one of them. To solve this, disable DeepGuard from your F-Secure settings. It will allow the game run. This worked for me. It won't compromise your computer and you can turn it back after playing the game.

I have had a similar problem with F-secure and a episode of the strong bad series.
    You can go into your 'deep guard' settings (settings -> deep guard -> open list of monitored programs), wait for it to load, go down to 'celebritypoker.exe' (list might take a WHILE to load), and change it to 'allow' under the details button.
  • edited November 2010
    Well, i managed to fix the issue by downloading the game on an old computer, which ran the game fine and then copying them onto this rig, which now runs the game all fine and well.

But yes, i use F-Secure, so.. meh, well.. it's good to know that might've been the culprit causing the issue as if the problem returns, at least i know where to look to now. :)
This discussion has been closed.