Jurassic Park Mod I Put Together For Grand Theft Auto

Yes, it does indeed use models from operation genesis, but if your desperate for a JP video game, and can't wait for telltale, download my mod. :)

Mods Page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxpJtnyQbLU

Please note, a few things changed since this most recent video.
Also, don't tell me about copyright infringements. It's a free mod and i'm poor as dirt. ;)

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Seeing mods like this and remembering the times where my only hopes for a good JP-Game lied in the hand of teenage amateurs, makes me wanna shout a big THANKS to telltale ;)
  • edited November 2010
    ^
    That's mean.

The guy put together an amazing mod.
    But yeah, I am still not up for the idea of a sandbox TellTale game.

Great job though.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm not offended. And I'm not a teenager. :p it's a decent mod. Could always be better. I know TT won't have freeroam anyway so whatever.
  • edited November 2010
    I do not think they meant to be insulting... they did imply that the only good games where by fans...
  • edited November 2010
    It's all good. I said i wasn't offended. Nor did I try to sound like a smart ass. Sorry if I came off like that.
  • edited November 2010
    THATS IT I AM DELETING THE INTERNET :p
  • edited November 2010
    Ha, what? I do appreciate the compliment.
  • edited November 2010
    I didnt want to offend anyone, I know that mods never can match the quality of a professional game.

But seeing JP-Mods remembers me tracking all the promising mods that looked like they really can capture the feel of the movie and the frustration of seeing almost all die or noticing all the wrong details and letdowns in the design that never should happen in a true Jurassic park-game.
    Not knowing if there will be a good professional game and that maybe the only stuff you will get is flawed fanwork isnt a great feeling. Even bigger was my excitment after hearing of telltales project and that its not point&click ;)
  • edited November 2010
    I couldn't disagree more. have you seen the recent work on the back to the future hill valley mod? It can't get any closer to movie accurate. I wasn't going for total movie accuracy in my mod either. And not movie accurate doesn't necessarily make it flawed. i look forward to telltales game, however if your such a movie accurate, realism dependent fan, don't rely on their game. :p
  • edited November 2010
    I couldn't disagree more. have you seen the recent work on the back to the future hill valley mod? It can't get any closer to movie accurate. I wasn't going for total movie accuracy in my mod either. And not movie accurate doesn't necessarily make it flawed. i look forward to telltales game, however if your such a movie accurate, realism dependent fan, don't rely on their game. :p

I'm not talking about Bttf or realism! If you make a licence based game, it HAS to be movie accurate, otherwise dont take advantage of the franchise. If I look at some models or the first map of Jurassic Life, so many details just dont look like the movie, not to mention the dead Crysis or Far Cry mods of Jurassic Park, wich maybe looked like the movie, but would have offered no or a complete ridiculous story and stupid multiyplayer gameplay.

Why do you think telltale wont make a canon JP-Game? They already said the'll do, and after what I read it will be as movie accurate as it gets!
  • edited May 2011
    In lieu of the game being delayed, i threw together an easy installer and zombie dino add on for the operation andreas mod. If you can't wait for the jp game i highly recommend this! :)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/jurassic-park-operation-andreas

gtasa2011051121205346.jpg
    gtasa2011051121284248.jpg
    gtasa2011051121202545.jpg
  • edited May 2011
    That looks amazing. I especially like the fact that you customized the avatar as Dr. Grant. Very impressive.
  • edited May 2011
    Thanks pal! It's fun to drive the vehicles and stuff. I even did the choppers. You should check it out.
  • edited May 2011
    Do dino's have guns? And do they have gangs in Jurassic Park?

And do they drive cars? Now i wanna know the mind of a Gansta Rapta.
  • edited May 2011
    That looks pretty awesome. Can you shoot them or are there no weapons or interactions?
  • edited May 2011
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    Seeing mods like this and remembering the times where my only hopes for a good JP-Game lied in the hand of teenage amateurs, makes me wanna shout a big THANKS to telltale ;)

That's what people said about Back to Future :) .

Then they released a horrible game, and we're back to where we started.
  • edited May 2011
    That's awesome. I like the jeep.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.