Poker Night At The Inventory problem since PC froze

edited December 2010 in Game Support
Basically, after getting this game it played perfectly. But then, for some reason, my whole PC froze while I was in the middle of playing. My only option was to reset, and since then I've been having the black screen of death after the Telltale Games logo. Any ideas for a quick fix, seeing how this game *was* working before?

I'm on windows 7 64bit, geforce 8800GT. Latest drivers and everything.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I am having the exact same problem. I have an ATI radeon mobile card in my Win7 x64 laptop, and it has numerous crashing issues with A LOT of games. This time, it hard crashed my computer and now when I try to open Poker Night, I get the TellTale logo then it gets stuck on a black screen with the correct cursor loaded, but never gets past the black screen. Also, it is not full screen anymore for some reason.

Since you've got an Nvidea card and you are having the same exact problem, we can narrow down that it has nothing to do with the video card, and something to do with the hard crash itself. I assume reinstalling the game will fix the issue, but I was about to win my first game on hard when it happened and no one wants to lose their stats (actually I could use a stat reset).
  • edited December 2010
    Solution:
    Go to My Documents/Telltale Games/Pokernight and delete everything in there (2 files).
    This will reset all your stats but you should be able to start the game.
This discussion has been closed.