Macbook Pseudo Fix

edited December 2010 in Game Support
Okay... I think I've found a solution. I've at least got the game running a bit. It is NOT simple.
  1. Update Steam Client
  2. Uninstall Poker
  3. Reinstall Poker
  4. Go to the directory located under YOURNAME/Library/Application Support/Telltale Games/Celebrity Poker
  5. Create a duplicate of prefs.prop
  6. Fire up a Hex Editor
  7. Search For Your Resolution Thread. Mine was 800x600 which was the string (0000484400001644)
  8. Find your resolution here: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15758
  9. The string will appear twice, replace it with the resolution closest to your native resolution. For my macbook it was 1280x720 (0000a04400003444)
  10. Launch the game. In my case, there was garbage data at the top since my screen is really 1280x800.
  11. Change the ingame settings to Windowed. Drop graphics to lowest possible settings.

Attached you will find the prefs for my macbook. BACK UP YOUR VERSION FIRST, name it pres.props.old or something similar.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Another thing you could try is just replace your prefs.pro (SAVE A COPY OF YOURS FIRST) with this one. Your game should run 800x600, windowed.

-Back up your old one by renaming it prefs.prop.OLD or something.
    -Unzip the file.
    -Drop the prefs.prop in the directory found under YOURNAME/Library/Application Support/Telltale/Celebrity Poker
  • edited November 2010
    Ha. I used your prefs.prop, and it gave me all your unlocks, and a bunch of achievements I haven't earned. Oops. I'm a little to lazy to go digging around in a hex editor, so I think I might just put my old prefs.prop back, and then wait for a patch to make this playable.
  • edited November 2010
    key is .. it works :P
  • edited December 2010
    Okay, I gave in and downloaded a hex editor. Game works great now! Don't mind windowed mode at all. Thanks much, NotBlaine!
This discussion has been closed.