Female Stinky's "race" (spoilers)?

edited November 2010 in Sam & Max
Since her origin has been retconned as a scam artist, I am wondering what race she is. To clarify, someone here earilar said that she is a mermaid - where was that established in the game?

I assumed she was probably some cockaroach in a chick outfit, but the mermaid theory sounds better

Comments

• edited November 2010
    305, it is finally revealed she is a Mermaid, but I thought it was pretty clear from the start she was a scam artist.
  • edited November 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    305, it is finally revealed she is a Mermaid, but I thought it was pretty clear from the start she was a scam artist.

I missed that reveal. It's clear in season II that Stinky is a scam artist, but it was done to throw the gamer off in thinking that Stinky killed Grandpa Stinky

At the end of the 2nd season, it was revealed that she is evil, but not a scam artist, per se. Guess they retconned her back into a scam artist
  • edited November 2010
    It was confirmed she was a mermaid in 305, but there's been the occasional hint before that. Like the poster for "The Mermaid and the Cockroach" in 302. Or, you know...her apron.
  • edited November 2010
    Well you can actually miss the reveal quite easily. IIRC you can listen to it if you talk to Skunkape repeatedly, before swapping the photos.
  • edited November 2010
    It was confirmed she was a mermaid in 305, but there's been the occasional hint before that. Like the poster for "The Mermaid and the Cockroach" in 302. Or, you know...her apron.

I knew the apron part since she was called Fish lady a few times in season 2.

I didn't see the poster, however
  • edited November 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Well you can actually miss the reveal quite easily. IIRC you can listen to it if you talk to Skunkape repeatedly, before swapping the photos.

Thanks. I don't think i talked to the guy before swapping photos.
  • edited November 2010
    It wasn't talking with Skunkape though IIRC, wasn't it when checking the box of stuff?
  • edited November 2010
    I just talked to Flint Paper.
  • edited November 2010
    Clicking on box of stuff reveals some part of Girl Stinky's illusion scam she performed during Season 2. After getting past the laser wall, just try talking to all the characters you see. Don't even swap the photos, as this makes Skunkape to come closer to the fake Devil's Toybox, that triggers a totally different set of dialouge options for him.

I still feel like this was the most rushed up part of the entire game since so many explanations are crammed into such a short segment of the game.
  • edited November 2010
    I actually liked that to be honest. We just walked in at the climax of Flint's story and it gives you the feeling that you're not the only one going on wacky adventures, if any of the characters suddenly appeared during the "boss battle" of any of our cases and we gave them a summary of the story I'm sure they'd feel the same as we did during that part of the game.
  • edited November 2010
    Isn't she a cake though?
  • edited November 2010
    koiboi59 wrote: »
    Isn't she a cake though?

Um... long story short, no.
  • edited November 2010
    koiboi59 wrote: »
    Isn't she a cake though?

Stinky's cake origin was written back as a scam artist. Her new origin contradicts one of the season 2 eps if I am not mistaken.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.