Poker Night Patch is .. not up but very close!

edited December 2010 in Game Support
The Poker Night patch is up now! Just log into your Telltale account and download the new version.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Thanks any word on a steam version to day ?
  • edited December 2010
    Did the steam version update?
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, let me know when the Steam version comes...

Any one with the Telltale version, any word on if the patch works or not?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    The Poker Night patch is up now! Just log into your Telltale account and download the new version.

For some reason i still get the old version:
    File: pokernight_pc_setup.exe
    MD5: a6e9c13650979da2b28af37af9f6d057
    SHA-1: dcba7341f29be8754f3f55dd0e80374d745307fe

It came from this server.
  • edited December 2010
    Ditto the above. Upon downloading the "patched" game, I realized I received the same copy as before. I got my new copy from the "my games" page. Am I missing something or downloading from the wrong place?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2010
    Hey guys,

As you can all tell, something has gone weird with the patch update. We're looking into it.
  • edited December 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    Hey guys,

As you can all tell, something has gone weird with the patch update. We're looking into it.

Well, thanks for the update on the update.

If you guys happen to get it all settled out today, can we expect the patch to be released on the Steam version as well?
  • edited December 2010
    I can't wait for the patch for the patch.
  • edited December 2010
    In the words of strong bad "Wow! That totally didn't work!".
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Looks like it's up now :)

I still get this error message every time i launch it. The game still works afterwards though.
    pnatire.png

It's nice to see an Antialiasing setting:
    celebritypoker201012032.png
  • edited December 2010
    Word on Steam version?
  • edited December 2010
    Im also still getting the C++ message - but I can see! I can play! I can.... er, lose at poker. Well, can't have it all.
  • edited December 2010
    Any ETA for the Steam version?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2010
    Any ETA for the Steam version?

It's on its way. No ETA yet, though.
  • edited December 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    It's on its way. No ETA yet, though.

Ok, thank you.

It will be released today as well though, won't it?
  • edited December 2010
    Well take your time I no longer care:)
    Turns out my issues wasnt with poker night but with my laptop and overheating. Of course for everyone else on steam tough luck.
  • edited December 2010
    My menu glitch is fixed and I'm deeply satisfied.
  • edited December 2010
    Sure would like to have that steam update...
  • edited December 2010
    valkysas wrote: »
    Sure would like to have that steam update...

Complain to Valve. Telltale has no control over when Steam updates.
  • edited December 2010
    Complain to Valve. Telltale has no control over when Steam updates.

Well, TTG hasn't exactly said they've submitted the patch to Valve and it's awaiting their patching procedure either.
  • edited December 2010
    IT WORKS! IT WORKS! IT WORKS!!!!! :D

Just played a game. It was awesome. I lost pretty badly, but I don't care, it was still awesome. Thanks so much for fixing the game, Telltale! :)

Also, I have everything on the lowest possible settings and it runs pretty good. Just a tad slow, and even a bit faster than "Devil's Playhouse". If BTTF runs like this, I have nothing to worry about.
  • edited December 2010
    Well, TTG hasn't exactly said they've submitted the patch to Valve and it's awaiting their patching procedure either.

True, but telltale is pretty good on these things it should be submitted to them already.
  • edited December 2010
    Well the text turns up in the menus now, but it's still crashing out to Windows after the elevator video for me.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Well the text turns up in the menus now, but it's still crashing out to Windows after the elevator video for me.

According to your dxdiag log your graphics and sound drivers are ancient. Also you have the feared Radeon 9250, which didn't work with earlier TTG games.

I don't want to turn this into a support thread, so i'll send you some links to updates via PM. Maybe it works.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm confused, where do you get the patch from?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2010
    occono wrote: »
    I'm confused, where do you get the patch from?

It's not a patch actually, you have to download and install the episode again.
  • edited December 2010
    DjNDB wrote: »
    It's not a patch actually, you have to download and install the episode again.

Ah, okay, thanks! That's actually a little annoying because I'm on a very small Cap (10GB a month) but it's not too big.

Do I install over it or do I uninstall the old version first? I'm used to automatic updates....
  • edited December 2010
    occono wrote: »
    Ah, okay, thanks! That's actually a little annoying because I'm on a very small Cap (10GB a month) but it's not too big.

Do I install over it or do I uninstall the old version first? I'm used to automatic updates....

You can install over it. Be careful though, don't choose the option of deleting your old saves when installer asks you.
  • edited December 2010
    Ah, darn it. The patch didn't work. Well, it somewhat worked. I can SEE the game now, and everything was going fine at the intro scene. I even got to the pop-ups of how to play poker...then I click 'close' to start a new hand...and then it suddenly crashes just before the game starts...everytime.

Darn it, I was so close. I turned garphics to 2 (well, 1 actually makes some graphics like the ladder outside & the stair railing start flashing weird colors?), shadows off, anti-aliaing off, even effects off & windowed mode. But, no matter what, it always crashes just before a hand starts.

Well, I guess my 4 year old XP lappy just won't play it.
This discussion has been closed.