Install files - can these be shared with someone else?

edited December 2010 in Game Support
One of my friends bought Sam and Max Season 3 recently, but he's in a bit of a bind because he can't download the games. He has a bandwidth limit imposed on him (like 2 GB a month!) and well, the entire season is almost 2 GB so it's very difficult for him to get them at home.

However, I was wondering if I could give him copies of the installer programs I downloaded from here? I bought the game a month ago, so ... I mean, I figured this is fine since they're pretty useless if the player doesn't have a Telltale account and he doesn't own the games. But he does, so I figured he can install them, and then use his Telltale username and password to unlock them. I've helped him with his recent Steam purchases by giving him copies of my installs so he can just copy them to his Steam account and activate them (this IS allowed on Steam, since it's basically the same procedure they suggest to make backup copies of your legally licensed games.)

I just want to make sure this is allowed here before I end up getting in trouble.

Thanks!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.