Wine for Mac: Help?

edited December 2010 in Game Support
There's a lot of really useful stuff on this forum for Wine- but it's for Linux users. Can someone help me run Sam and Max Season 1 on Wine for Mac? I've already scoured both WineBottler and Wine's FAQs and wiki, but I still have only been able to run the installers for the games.

When I try to run the applications, the launcher starts as it should, but clicking the Play Now button (I've been using Abe Lincoln Must Die! right now since I want to see how this thing runs, I'll deal with the other episodes later if I can get it to work) just blanks out and quickly whacks me with an error message saying that I should go to "http://appdb.winehq.org/", which then tells me that ALMD! works perfectly. Which it doesn't.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a million.

EDIT: For clarity: I downloaded the exe from My Games at the Telltale page. I ran it in a WinXP bottle. The installer works perfectly and installs the game. I launch the game, and I can get the launch screen. I hit "Play Now", and then it instantaneously closes out. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    That sounds familiar: you may be missing a dll.
    Have you tried running the game from a terminal? You get debug info that way.
    Wine'll probably give you an error about a missing library there (or in a logfile somewhere else, I'm not familiar with the mac version), just look for that dll on google and put it in your /windows/system32 folder :-)

db
This discussion has been closed.