Poker Night Update Now Available to TTG and Steam customers

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited January 2011 in Game Support
Poker Night Update!

The updated version of Poker Night at the Inventory has finally been made available to all customers, be it Telltale customers or Steam customers.

Telltale customers: Get the update from your Games Page.
(Note: If you downloaded the game from Telltale this past weekend, you probably already have the update.)

Steam customers: just restart Steam, and the update should start downloading.

What's new in the update?
Poker Night update, changes list:

Poker & Gameplay Fixes

* At the end of a hand, winners of the main pot and any side pots all announced individually. (Previously, only the winner of the biggest pot was announced.)

* Each round, the minimum raise starts at the big blind until someone raises, after which the minimum raise is the amount of that last raise.

* In heads up (one on one) play, the dealer is now the small blind and first to act pre-flop.

* If a someone folds and is part of a side pot, and after the fold only one person remains in the sidepot, the sidepot gets cleared and paid out to that one remaining person.

* The tutorial now automatically comes up once, the first time the game is played. It is still also available on-demand from the Poker Help screen.

* Players who have a straight flush, four of a kind, full house, flush or straight will now get the appropriate hand achievement even if everyone else folds to them in that hand.

* Fixed issue causing character tells to almost never play.

* Fixed issue causing only one of the player's hole cards to display when skipping dialog.

* Improved readability/consistency on the unlockable Strong Bad card deck.

* Max properly leaves the table after his "I'll be in the bar" bust out line.

----

Compatibility Fixes

* Anti-aliasing quality control added to Graphics Settings screen.

* Improved compatibility with Shader Model 2.0 graphics cards.

* Fixed cases of invisible and garbled text on the title screen and settings screen on some systems.

* Some lower end video cards which formerly just drew a black screen should now display the game. :)

----

Content

* Two new poker tables available on the Unlocks screen: “Poker Night,” and “Inventory Security”

Thanks and enjoy!

Comments

• edited December 2010
    And despite this I'm-sure-it's-wonderful update, I still can't get Poker Night to launch!

*headdesk*
  • edited December 2010
    Well, it almost worked for me. I can see the intro now and everything is working, but even after the tutoral boxes, it STILL crashes just before the first hand starts up, everytime.

Well, at least its a step in the right direction.
  • edited December 2010
    Well, it almost worked for me. I can see the intro now and everything is working, but even after the tutoral boxes, it STILL crashes just before the first hand starts up, everytime.

Well, at least its a step in the right direction.

Ditto. I think it's because I have a crappy computer. I can get it to run with swiftshader, but it's just intolerably slow. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to make it run faster? Apart from buying a new graphics card?
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited December 2010
    The game works great on my Mac, but I wouldn't mind an update with all the bells and whistles of the PC and Steam update...
    Is it in the works?
    EDIT: Just a little note to say that apparently, even though the version number is still 1.0.0, the Mac game appears to have received most of the PC updates.
    I didn't see this: "* Anti-aliasing quality control added to Graphics Settings screen." but the minimum raises have been improved, winners of side pots are announced and the tutorial played the first time I started the new installation of the game. Thanks guys (and gals)!
  • edited December 2010
    Ditto. I think it's because I have a crappy computer. I can get it to run with swiftshader, but it's just intolerably slow. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to make it run faster? Apart from buying a new graphics card?

Did you already post your dx diag?
  • edited December 2010
    i can see naw, and before i was just able to see a darck screen, but naw my game crashes after the intro and the tutorial :(
  • edited December 2010
    I have the same issue. Intro plays (nice and smooth), it shows me the text on how to play and then it crashes after every puts their 10 grand in. :-( I'm using the Steam version, fully updated. I have uploaded a screenshot here:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/nick_gc/pnati_ss.png

The Error signature says:
    AppName: celebritypoker.exe AppVer: 2010.12.3.50720 ModName: d3d9.dll
    ModVer: 5.3.2600.5512 Offset: 000f7e64

DxDiag is telling me there are no problems.

My PC is an RM Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz, 3GB RAM, Intel Q35 Express. I can get the game to run fine on my laptop which is a AMD Mobile Athlon 64 1.8Ghz, 2GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon 128MB.

I can't copy what it says on the error report but it does include a .txt file that I could upload or copy the contents of.

I'm on a work PC so there's a number of background apps running such as a "delivered applications" service and virus scanner. I can't turn those off.

This is running better than it was before as all I used to have before the patch was a black screen and it would crash when trying to change any of the graphics settings.
  • edited December 2010
    I know this sounds odd
    but
    do you have a widescreen monitor and or do you use AERO and win7 or vista?
    try diabling themes and such.. I notice you have aero theme or something that looks the part

and you can turn VIRUS scanner off, gotta find what it is first (you should rarely have active scanning enabled as it hinders performance)
    you scan when you need to or keep blockers up if you need to!

dx9 errors are from either driver or card conflict orrrr OS + card+game

BTW seems its the INTEL EXPRESS that might be the culprit.
    maybe a poll is in order?
    HOW MANY USE ONBOARD INTEL OR SUCH AND CANT PLAY THIS GAME v1 or v2?
    How many of those use widescreen WITH the ONBOARD??

sorry my tech end is kickin' in.

So far im having the same issues as you nick what fixed it was a normal monitor and non onboard video.
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, I do have a widescreen monitor but no Aero. I'm running XP.

I can't turn off the virus scanner. Honestly, I cannot. The option to do so is greyed out because the IT management people have disabled that.
  • edited December 2010
    Oh you run on a network at work or school or something? then yea its prolly just needed TO THEM..
    IMO ive done colleges and it doesnt matter how many scanners you have..
    its all about the proxy and the user not clicking on the brintey spears naked pictures for a free bra signed OOPS virus.. (wont matter what blockers ya have)

INTEL onboard and widescreen... seems an issue.. 32 bit or 64 bit XP?
  • edited December 2010
    I very much doubt it's the network I'm on. I'm able to play a large number of games (3D and 2D) on Steam plus a variety of office applications and don't encounter any issues. I rarely try the latest games due to the lack of proper 3D graphics card but due to the modest minimum specs I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Oh, and I don't go on dodgy websites at work. On purpose. Lol.

I think it's the 32-bit version of XP, btw.
  • edited December 2010
    No no sigh.. sorry again, I didnt mean that.
    I was merging two things..sorry

my guess its the video card + monitor again.
    seems TONS with the intel onboard have issues more than anyone else.
    ive tested 5 machines now with the intel onboard .. none work with the game v1 and v2 its stretched and doesnt window or match res correctly unless I force it with apps.
    (which you shouldnt have to do)

still the game rocks when its on!
    im in love with it .. love love love..
  • edited December 2010
    i have a toshiba with xp i tray pausing my virus scanner that didnt worck ether, by the way thanks to thous ones that are traing to help.
  • edited January 2011
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: CelebrityPoker.exe
    Application Version: 2010.12.3.50720
    Application Timestamp: 4cf97084
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_b7b2
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16559
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4ba9b21e
    Exception Code: c0000374
    Exception Offset: 000c2913
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: b7b2
    Additional Information 2: b7b2f3ff63d5ff4ed03c8cab0ec05aef
    Additional Information 3: a91f
    Additional Information 4: a91ff7385f290618cb94f144cb701b69

After the splash screen it goes all white and then the above is listed as why it crashed.

Yes everything is up to date, Yes I wiped and reinstalled, It just doesn't work. Would someone kindly like to tell me what the big deal is? In all my years, This is honestly the first DUD of a game I've had, It's especially compounded by the LACK OF SUPPORT. Come on guys! Lend a helping hand pls.!

Thanks!
  • edited January 2011
    Furryscott wrote: »
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: CelebrityPoker.exe
    Application Version: 2010.12.3.50720
    Application Timestamp: 4cf97084
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_b7b2
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16559
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4ba9b21e
    Exception Code: c0000374
    Exception Offset: 000c2913
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: b7b2
    Additional Information 2: b7b2f3ff63d5ff4ed03c8cab0ec05aef
    Additional Information 3: a91f
    Additional Information 4: a91ff7385f290618cb94f144cb701b69

After the splash screen it goes all white and then the above is listed as why it crashed.

Yes everything is up to date, Yes I wiped and reinstalled, It just doesn't work. Would someone kindly like to tell me what the big deal is? In all my years, This is honestly the first DUD of a game I've had, It's especially compounded by the LACK OF SUPPORT. Come on guys! Lend a helping hand pls.!

Thanks!
    I suggest you to send an email to support@telltalegames.com, they will respond to you a lot faster.
This discussion has been closed.