Poker Night - Game crashing just after launch

edited December 2010 in Game Support
The game installs and launches fine; the Telltale intro plays, the Steam Tab+Shift icon pops up at the bottom, but then it freezes. The Steam icon at the bottom right freezes halfway through sliding back down and pressing any buttons does nothing. (so this isn't the "black screen" glitch, I can't access any menus.)

The only way to get out of the game from then on involves opening the Task Manager (which always says it's "not responding") and force closing it. I try again, and the exact same thing happens.

I've tried reinstalling, launching it from my desktop, getting the recent update, updating my graphics card's drivers, launching it windowed... but absolutely nothing works and I'm getting no closer to being able to play it.

Any help is appreciated, I can provide specs and more info if required. :( I've tried everything I can think of and looked on both these forums and the Steam forums but I've come up empty handed. This is the only game my laptop has ever had problems with running.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Chariflame wrote: »
    The game installs and launches fine; the Telltale intro plays, the Steam Tab+Shift icon pops up at the bottom, but then it freezes. The Steam icon at the bottom right freezes halfway through sliding back down and pressing any buttons does nothing. (so this isn't the "black screen" glitch, I can't access any menus.)

The only way to get out of the game from then on involves opening the Task Manager (which always says it's "not responding") and force closing it. I try again, and the exact same thing happens.

I've tried reinstalling, launching it from my desktop, getting the recent update, updating my graphics card's drivers, launching it windowed... but absolutely nothing works and I'm getting no closer to being able to play it.

Any help is appreciated, I can provide specs and more info if required. :( I've tried everything I can think of and looked on both these forums and the Steam forums but I've come up empty handed. This is the only game my laptop has ever had problems with running.

Do you have any other programs running?
  • edited December 2010
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    Do you have any other programs running?

Nope. I've tried it with every single non-neccessary background program closed, yet the problem still persists.
  • edited December 2010
    i had the same problem yesterday,today i traied instaling it again, but the same thing has happened, from steam, and from my telltale account, i can see the intro and the tutorial, after that the game crashes, and my computer tells that ther is a mistake...
This discussion has been closed.