Has this "conversation" happened for anyone?

This was pretty unbelievable for me when it happened, but I'm pretty sure I didn't just imagine it. I wish I had taken a video (from now on when playing, I'll have Fraps running on buffer!)

Basically, in an All-In showdown, the Heavy had a very good hand (a Straight maybe) but someone beat him with either a higher straight or a flush. Rather than just give a loss line, he COMPLETELY flips out. He grimaces in fury at his cards, crushes them into his hands while screaming in frustration, then grabs the table and flips it over (much to the surprise of the players!), producing Sasha and revving her up at the other players.

A moment later the Heavy is back how he was, table reset, and he puts his cards down and leaves (possibly implying it was his daydreaming)

No one has mentioned this occurrence before. My wondering...
A. It's just a really rare thing to happen, under a certain set of conditions (ie, losing an All-In with a good hand)
B. It was cut from the game but the materials remained - then some glitch during my game caused it to happen (possible, because of the unconnectedness at the end)
C. Somehow being tired made me imagine things that night.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I've heard of it happening to other people but haven't seen it myself.

There are a bunch of things that happen quite rarely. The bit about Tycho leaving the table first and everybody else pointing their guns at him and it turns out he was only getting out a granola bar, that has only happened to me once.
  • edited December 2010
    Ooooh, I really want to see these scenes!!!
  • edited December 2010
    I had it happen in the first game I played, and it hasn't happened since. Supposedly it only happens when he lost with a strong hand. (I don't remember what his hand was when he did it...)
  • edited December 2010
    If ANYONE has a YouTube link, they MUST post it!
  • edited December 2010
    crfh wrote: »
    There are a bunch of things that happen quite rarely. The bit about Tycho leaving the table first and everybody else pointing their guns at him and it turns out he was only getting out a granola bar, that has only happened to me once.

That happened to me like, 8 times.
  • edited December 2010

Yeah, I saw a video of that. (It wasn't on YouTube, I think it was Giant Bomb's Quick Look at it) I like that kind of stuff. I wonder if Max & Strong Bad have something like that?

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-ex-poker-night-at-the-inventory/17-3526/
  • GicGic
    edited December 2010
    If ANYONE has a YouTube link, they MUST post it!

Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0gkRH-Uwm0
  • edited December 2010
    Gic wrote: »

Thank you.
    Although i little low quality, but I got the point. Thanks.
  • edited December 2010

I've had that happen to me twice. I couldn't believe it was even happening the first time; I was on the floor rolling around. (Particularly at how the nunchuck gun was supposed to be the equivalent of a deadly pistol and a freaking minigun.)
  • edited December 2010
    10 minutes ago, in the middle of a turn Tycho re-checked his cards and showed a really passionate grin, only to stop himself from exposing that he had a very good hand. Exactly like how Gabe did in that PA comic where they were playing a similar card game. He did also go all in.

Turns out he had a straight. Too bad I had a flush, I felt really sorry to bring him down after such a show of enthusiasm.
  • edited December 2010
    Wow...I'm glad there's video evidence of these things, or I'd say you guys were crazy. :p I haven't had either of those things happen.

Fav Tycho line BTW: "What would Gabe do? No, no, better keep the pants on."
  • edited December 2010

That's hilarious!!! It happened to me four times since I purchased this game!
  • edited January 2011
    haha I saw that once it was great
Sign in to comment in this discussion.