The Legendary Jurassic Park Fanart Thread

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Veritas, nicely done. I really like the variety of dinosaurs that you chose as your subjects.
  • edited March 2011
    Bombillazo wrote: »
    @Giu3232

@waroftheworlds01
    Yes Id'Love to have a JP Jeep :D I saw a person do it on the internet, they also had a Ghostbusters car, but the Jeep was practically identical to the movie ones.

I really want the Jeep but I'm having a hard time finding one around here. They're selling a lot of Ford explorer's here though so I might just do the Ford instead of the Jeep. But i so want a jeep :(
  • edited March 2011
    Did this after I completed collecting the comic series
  • edited March 2011
    Did this after I completed the comic series

Aargh! You should make illustrations for Redemption comic. And not that mumbo-jumbo guy who call himself artist!
  • edited March 2011
    veki wrote: »
    Aargh! You should make illustrations for Redemption comic. And not that mumbo-jumbo guy who call himself artist!

Thanks. That was more of a spur of the moment thing than anything else. I draw at my best when I'm bored as hell. I do admit though, the art in Redemption was God Awful.
  • edited March 2011
    Thanks. That was more of a spur of the moment thing than anything else. I draw at my best when I'm bored as hell. I do admit though, the art in Redemption was God Awful.

Agreed. I love the story line, but the art was piss poor. Well, the humans were fine. But the dinosaurs were terrible. You couldn't even tell what each species was supposed to be. They all had that "generic" dinosaur look to them. I didn't know the big one was supposed to be Giganatosaurus until the specified it in the comic.
  • edited March 2011
    Agreed. I love the story line, but the art was piss poor. Well, the humans were fine. But the dinosaurs were terrible. You couldn't even tell what each species was supposed to be. They all had that "generic" dinosaur look to them. I didn't know the big one was supposed to be Giganatosaurus until the specified it in the comic.

I know. It could've been much worse though. They could've labled that as a Tyrannosaurus Rex. That would've killed the comic entirely for me. But what I don't understand is that they did some very decent artwork for the covers, yet the comic itself was terrible. My 5 year old nephew could draw better than that.
  • edited March 2011
    My first (almost) complete CG model was a JP Jeep Wrangler ^_^
    Actually is more like a JP10 than a JP18...
    jpjeepcg.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    I_Dan_I wrote: »
    jpjeepcg.jpg

Nicely done. It does have more of a JP10 feel to it, but nonetheless, it's an impressive model. Keep up the good work!
  • edited March 2011
    jpjeepcg.jpg

Beautiful.
  • edited March 2011
    jpjeepcg.jpg

DUDE!!! That looks just like this car that I saw in this really cool dinosaur movie, you should check it out! :p
  • edited April 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    DUDE!!! That looks just like this car that I saw in this really cool dinosaur movie, you should check it out! :p

ok heres a concept i did (if the attachment thing worked correctly)

Jurassic park with an aquatic twist
  • edited April 2011
    Here is the complete batch of artworks i did being hyped for the game :p
    Enjoy:

welcome_to_jurassic_park_by_michelebotticelli-d3anae7.jpg

jp_dilophosaurus_by_michelebotticelli-d3crnp9.jpg

jp_staff_vehicle_by_michelebotticelli-d3cttfa.jpg

jp_velociraptor_by_michelebotticelli-d3cvop0.jpg

jp_velociraptor_male_by_michelebotticelli-d3cy3w0.jpg

nedry__s_last_stand_by_michelebotticelli-d3d1dc0.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    Damn, that Dilophosaurus is melting.
  • edited April 2011
    yeah that dilo doesnt look too healthy man :P
  • edited April 2011
    Hi guys, something i did a couple of mounths ago of a Allosaurus with the skin from JP:OG!
    Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.
  • edited April 2011
    Okay....that Dilophosaurus looks as though Tim Burton created it...But it was better than what I could ever have done. :)
  • edited April 2011
    Hi guys, something i did a couple of mounths ago of a Allosaurus with the skin from JP:OG!
    Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.

Looks pretty bad.
  • edited April 2011
    Here are some of my drawings from my deviant art page......
    http://yankeetrex.deviantart.com/

jp_triceratops_near_the_beach_by_yankeetrex-d3dofyx.jpg

jurassic_park_dilophosaurus_by_yankeetrex-d3cckmg.jpg

jurassic_park_t_rex_by_yankeetrex-d38rvjf.png

jurassic_park_3_velociraptor_by_yankeetrex-d37w1nc.jpg

baby_jp_t_rex_by_yankeetrex-d39apok.png

jurassic_park_spinosaurus_by_yankeetrex-d3a7mll.png
  • edited April 2011
    Some of my JP Related drawings on my deviant art page.....

http://yankeetrex.deviantart.com/

Jurassic_Park_Gallimimus______by_yankeetrex.jpg

jp_triceratops_near_the_beach_by_yankeetrex-d3dofyx.jpg

baby_jp_t_rex_by_yankeetrex-d39apok.png

jurassic_park_3_velociraptor_by_yankeetrex-d37w1nc.jpg

jurassic_park_t_rex_by_yankeetrex-d38rvjf.png
  • edited April 2011
    yankeetrex wrote: »
    Some of my JP Related drawings on my deviant art page.....

Jurassic_Park_Gallimimus______by_yankeetrex.jpg

Would it be too much to ask for you to send this to Papo for their 2011 line?? Same with the baby rex actually!!!
    yankeetrex wrote: »

Grats on winning the contest over at the JP Legacy forums!!!
  • edited April 2011
    Those are awesome. I really like the Dilo one.
  • edited April 2011
    Did this 1 day when i was bored.
  • edited April 2011

Not bad. A little cartoonish, but very impressive nonetheless
  • edited April 2011
    Not bad. A little cartoonish, but very impressive nonetheless

With MS paint everything looks cartoonish
  • edited April 2011
    With MS paint everything looks cartoonish

Very true. Either way, well done. It's a better Velociraptor than I've ever gotten around to doing
  • edited April 2011
    Very true. Either way, well done. It's a better Velociraptor than I've ever gotten around to doing

Iv got better in my sketchbook, Triceratops Spino, Rex I believe, Ill try to upload them tomorrow.
  • edited April 2011
    Iv got better in my sketchbook, Triceratops Spino, Rex I believe, Ill try to upload them tomorrow.

I have a piece of art that's worth posting too. I didn't do it though, an inmate that used to be at the prison my father once worked at did it with a wood burner. It came out amazing.
  • edited April 2011
    I have a piece of art that's worth posting too. I didn't do it though, an inmate that used to be at the prison my father once worked at did it with a wood burner. It came out amazing.

Really? Sounds cool. What is it?
  • edited April 2011
    Really? Sounds cool. What is it?

It's a Velociraptor from the first movie. He never got around to finishing it, but what he did accomplish came out very well. I'll see if I can find it and upload a pic soon
  • edited April 2011
    It's a Velociraptor from the first movie. He never got around to finishing it, but what he did accomplish came out very well. I'll see if I can find it and upload a pic soon

Sound's cool, looking foward to seeing it.
  • edited April 2011
    Sound's cool, looking foward to seeing it.

I'll probably upload it tomorrow morning after I find a way to kill the spider that's currently in a web conveniently located right in front of the damned thing. Damn my Arachnaphobia....
  • edited April 2011
    I'll probably upload it tomorrow morning after I find a way to kill the spider that's currently in a web conveniently located right in front of the damned thing. Damn my Arachnaphobia....

Lol my dad and girlfriend have that, I'v let the things crawl on me before, remember, your bigger then him, and they have trouble with a glass room with a paper floor :)
  • edited April 2011
    Lol my dad and girlfriend have that, I'v let the things crawl on me before, remember, your bigger then him, and they have trouble with a glass room with a paper floor :)

Doesn't help much when I'm not willing to go within 50 feet of the damned thing. They just creep me the heck out. Once I find some bug spray, it's so on.
  • edited April 2011

Looks horrible. Worst drawing ever.
  • edited April 2011
    Cozur wrote: »
    Looks horrible. Worst drawing ever.

Do you have something against me?
  • edited April 2011
    Yeah man, if I think the stuff you say is bogus, and if I call you out on being unable to draw, it must be because I hate you.
  • edited April 2011
    Cozur wrote: »
    Yeah man, if I think the stuff you say is bogus, and if I call you out on being unable to draw, it must be because I hate you.

Well I'm not saying you hate me, hell you dont even know me. Just seem's like you have nothing good to say.
  • edited April 2011

Considering this was done with MS Paint it's very good. I know how hard it is to draw with microsoft paint. I made an animated movie with MS Paint once. Damn... never doing that again.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.