six epidodes for a season, right...but how many seasons?

edited August 2007 in Sam & Max
Hi everybody,

I can't find a topic about this, so I want to ask: how many seasons are planned???
I expect a season 2 with 6 news episodes soon!! and a season 3, and a season 4, and a season 5, and a season 6, and a season 7, and a season 8, and a season 9, and so on... :D :D :D

Comments

• edited February 2007
    I don't think Telltale have actually limited themselves to a set number of seasons, so why not? Sam & Max could be the EastEnders of episodic gaming. :D
  • edited February 2007
    In fact, games splitted in episodes crack me up... waiting makes me crazy!! :p
    but I really hope this works for telltale, and that we'll have thousands of episodes! :) :)

sam&max will never die! ;)
  • edited February 2007
    Season 2 all depends on the success of season 1
  • edited February 2007
    Haggis wrote: »
    I don't think Telltale have actually limited themselves to a set number of seasons, so why not? Sam & Max could be the EastEnders of episodic gaming. :D

eastenders :D

Sam: MAx wots wrong
    Max: Nuffin. Why wots wrong wiv u?
    Sam: Nuffin - so we're sorted
    Max: Why? wot u got a problem wiv

:D
  • edited February 2007
    I'm kind of hoping for a full-length game for the next installation (currently called "Season 2"). I just hope this is successful enough for Telltale to get enough funding for an "ordinary" S&M game.
  • edited February 2007
    Don't count on it, MrSneeze...
  • edited February 2007
    I think once season 1 is complete..it could be very successful if they get a distributor and release it in stores.. particularly if they get a wii version going
  • edited February 2007
    Maratanos wrote: »
    Don't count on it, MrSneeze...

That line wins on so many levels.
  • edited August 2007
    MrSneeze wrote: »
    I'm kind of hoping for a full-length game for the next installation (currently called "Season 2"). I just hope this is successful enough for Telltale to get enough funding for an "ordinary" S&M game.

I think it might be time to fully embrace the episodic style. It completely worked for Season 1 - and it didn't cost us too much money either. I hope that more game companies jump on the episodic bandwagon.

And answering the OP - I am sure we will keep having new seasons as long as Steve Purcell stays interested, and we keep buying the games.
  • edited August 2007
    Having it episodic works better in that it keeps the fans happy on a regular basis instead of one big game and then years of nothingness. We've already expirienced that... and it was dreadful...
  • edited August 2007

I believe it's already been established that Season 2 will be episodic, the first episode arriving "this fall". I was about to wax eloquent deciding whether I think episodes or full length games would be better, but I felt a strange twinge of deja vu and decided against it!
  • MelMel
    edited August 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    I think once season 1 is complete..it could be very successful if they get a distributor and release it in stores.. particularly if they get a wii version going

That was posted almost 6 months ago. And the distributor part is true! :)
  • edited August 2007
    we have a habit on this forum of predicting the future :)
  • edited August 2007
    S&M game.
    An S&M game, eh?! OOER! Sam and Max go sado-masochist! :rolleyes:
  • edited August 2007
    I believe it's already been established that Season 2 will be episodic, the first episode arriving "this fall". I was about to wax eloquent deciding whether I think episodes or full length games would be better, but I felt a strange twinge of deja vu and decided against it!

Yeah, funny thing is that my post was posted in February, which makes it around 6 months ago and a few days before episode 3 was released. Thanks for replying though. It... it kinda felt like... like we were having a moment *tear*. Group hug!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.