Sam and Max - DLL Error immediate after start of game

edited December 2010 in Game Support
Hi -
I just finished playing episode 101 of Sam and Max, then installed 102. No errors during install. I opened episode 102 - and I got a 'DLL' error almost immediately. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

I also get the DLL error now if I try to bring up episode 101 again. I tried installing episode 103 - and got a DLL error when I tried to execute it.

Please help? Installing episode 102 seems to have broken everything...

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I'd advise you to do an online search for the missing .dll file and see if there's a site where you can download it. If so, download the file and place it in the root folder for 302 in the game's install directory (look for the folder that has other .dll files in it). Then try starting the game and see if that works. :)
  • edited December 2010
    hey thanks. How do I figure out which DLL is the one that causing the probelm though?
  • edited December 2010
    Well, with the later seasons it says "Cant find D3DX9_41.DLL re-installing the applictation might fix the problem."
    However, from my experience Sam and Max Season 1 + 2 crash and only say dll error.
    So, i would say you cant fix it by downloading a DLL. Sorry...
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Zetta wrote: »
    Well, with the later seasons it says "Cant find D3DX9_41.DLL re-installing the applictation might fix the problem."
    However, from my experience Sam and Max Season 1 + 2 crash and only say dll error.

In that case running the DirectX updater should help.
This discussion has been closed.