A Vampyre Story

edited August 2007 in General Chat
Will Telltale help out AME?????

This is another game I am very interested in.

Comments

• edited September 2005
    How would that work?
  • edited September 2005
    Well Telltale have said they'd be interested in allowing others to use their Telltale Now electronic distribution system.

Though I can't see a full-length high-res 2.5D game being download friendly size-wise, though that remains to be seen.

The big issue is that AME is shopping for a publisher to help fund the Vampyre Story production. And Telltale now bypasses the publishers. Still I guess Tiller could get investors, not publishers to help with the initial cash injection.
  • edited September 2005
    I don't know, I've bought quite a few games off Gamespy's direct to drive and demos these days are hitting above a gig in size. So I don't think size is that big of a deal.
  • edited September 2005
    I don't know, I've bought quite a few games off Gamespy's direct to drive and demos these days are hitting above a gig in size. So I don't think size is that big of a deal.

I am on 56k and downloaded the entire Steam catalog and all new releases, content, updates and patches...

If it downloadable by all and unlockable by code, it could be put on magazine cover discs (in Australia, www.pcpowerplay.com.au - they have 2x DVDs on every cover now!!) or on download sites, you could ask a friend to DL if you have one with cable or broadband...
  • edited August 2007
    This game seems like it's been in production forever. Have they set a release date or anything? Amazon UK says September 07 which seems a little too soon.
    Also, is autumn moon a british company?
  • MelMel
    edited August 2007
    It took forever to get a publisher (which they finally did in June 2006 for North America and Europe) and once they did, it allowed them to resume production on the game. I wouldn't trust Amazon for a firm release date but I've read fourth quarter 2007.
  • edited August 2007
    Latest estimates have it in Q4 2007, I believe.
    Pro-G: Do you have a release date for A Vampyre Story yet?

BT: Again, that would be a question for Crimson Cow. I would love it to be around this Christmas, but game production is a very complex process so I hate to make promises. Plus some territories have different release dates so I can't say for sure. But we are aiming to get it done this year, late autumn.
  • edited August 2007
    Autumn moon isn't British. They're right up the road from us :)
  • edited August 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    Autumn moon isn't British. They're right up the road from us :)

Outta all the towns in this crazy world how did that ever happen!

Autumn seems like the perfect release for this game. Hopefully before Halloween.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    They're not literally right up the street, but they are only one or two towns up the highway (10-15 minutes away) in either Novato... or Petaluma. I can't remember if they've moved or not.

Either way, it's not too surprising that they're close by, given the collection of ex-LucasArts folk involved in their game as well.
  • edited August 2007
    Akril and I were a tad upset when we found out they chose to go 3d in the end.. but we shall see how it turns out XD
    Ive been waiting forever and love people with passion.. just like you folk

Akril I miss ya...
    Only us elite dorks know of Akril :P
  • edited August 2007
    The game is still in 2D, in that the backgrounds are hand-painted images. The character models are in 3D to make animation more feasible and there will be 3D effects of some sort, but it's a 2D game. I don't think they were ever really going to use 2D sprites anyway.
  • edited August 2007
    The latest screenshots look fantastic. The 3D models blend really nicely with the backgrounds. This is a game I'm definatly buying the day it comes out. The system requirments will probably be really low too.
  • edited August 2007
    Coulda sworn during early reading they were going to have it 100% 2d.. then later assumed it was a bad idea. I am going to buy this game dont get me wrong.. just saying you gotta define 3d I guess. Imagine this game if you will in the style of kings quest 7 :P Thats where I think they were going... Either way beautiful game, hope its good! If not we have simon the sorcerers new game to look forward to as well
  • edited August 2007
    i've done some artwork for both Telltale and Autumn Moon (i'm currently doing some work on the game...on a sunday, what am i doing?)... does that count?
  • edited August 2007
    Kaldire wrote: »
    Coulda sworn during early reading they were going to have it 100% 2d.. then later assumed it was a bad idea.

My understanding is that the prototype (where some of the early screens come from) featured 2D characters for placeholder purposes. I think the decision to go for 3D models had less to do with not liking 2D than with it being less realistic a notion for their particular production. I also believe that the decision was made before production happened and was based on more than just assuming 2D to be a bad idea. (Give them more credit.) I agree with xChri5x that the characters look great. The lighting will have a lot to do with how well the models blend in, and from the glimpses we've seen it's going to be fine.

I've noticed that Autumn Moon has removed the A Vampyre Story section of its web site and instead links to the logo-only official site by Crimson Cow. Hopefully that means it'll be launching soon.
  • edited August 2007
    The official site has been launched!
    http://www.vampyrestory-game.com/

I am just as excited for this as I am for Season Two. I love the background paintings. This is going to be such a beautiful game to play.
  • edited August 2007
    Me too! Though I consider Telltale THE REAL LucasArts successor, I can't wait to see a graphic adventure which isn't episodic and that's so close to the style we were used to once. Even in 2D, wow!
  • MelMel
    edited August 2007
    The backgrounds are hand drawn 2D but they're being rendered using a 3D technology (I believe the characters are 3D as well).
  • edited August 2007
    Mel wrote: »
    The backgrounds are hand drawn 2D but they're being rendered using a 3D technology (I believe the characters are 3D as well).

looks like that to me too
  • edited August 2007
    again the people that know the project know that in the early stages even the characters were 2d.. dunno how many times I have to say it XD I do know now they are 3d but in terms of being a 2d game.. it is not.. vs what in the beginning I followed it as being. Least according to people on forums working at autumn. As stated the early characters being 2d was prolly just a place holder or early "this is what it will sorta look like" display.
    Im so buying the game but again.. kinda was hoping for full 2d everything.. call me old fashioned XD

PS.. the art is insane on this game soo Im glad they went the direction they did in the end it will make the product that much better !
  • edited August 2007
    Wow, for the first time in years I see high resolution backgrounds and characters that blend with them perfectly. You almost can't see the difference, it all just seems to fit in harmony.
  • edited August 2007
    Wow, for the first time in years I see high resolution backgrounds and characters that blend with them perfectly. You almost can't see the difference, it all just seems to fit in harmony.

i agree its brilliant is it not i didn't even look at this thread at first but this looks to be very promising and the script looks like it could be good as well
Sign in to comment in this discussion.