BTTF: Subtitles

edited December 2010 in Game Support
Hi,

I am using a german version of Windows 7 and downloaded the english version of BTTF. The Sound is in english (as it should be) but the subtitles, menus and everything are in german. Is there a way to change the subtitles also to english?

Bye,
Mirko

Comments

• edited December 2010
    This should be easy enough to fix. By default, the game auto-detects what language you have your OS installed as, and switches the game to that automatically. So you can either switch your OS language to English, or go into the registry entry for the game and change the installed language to English.
  • edited December 2010
    Where can I find that registry key?

Why doesn't the game offer to choose the language of the menu/subtitle language?

Both forcing someone to work in the windows registry or changing the OS language just to get english text in a game is really bad form.

@Telltale:Please, at least adapt the startup screen (where you can select the episode) to offer a choice.

I really like the game as it hits the BTTF feeling so well - just the autoselect for the language is annoying.
  • edited December 2010
    :D
    Ah, found it myself: (Win7 x64 german)

In the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Telltale Games\BackToTheFuture101.exe

add a String / Zeichenfolge named language with the value English to get english text.

:mad: To paraphrase the Joker: WHY SO INCONVENIENT? :confused:
  • rfcrfc
    edited December 2010
    So you can either switch your OS language to English, or ...
    Mind you that with W7 this is not possible unless you own the Enterprise/Ultimate edition.

And, honestly, advising users to change the OS language or change registry keys? O_o

IMO a professional game which supports multiple languages should have a built in selection for it.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2010
    I created some reg files to make this easier. You can find them in this post.
This discussion has been closed.