Voice audio quality

edited December 2010 in Game Support
So, it's been a few years since the last time I was part of this paticular discussion, and since that seemed to have been a dead end, perhaps it's time to have this one again.

For the love of deity of choice, why are the voices still compressed to the point of audible hissing artifacts? We complained about this back in the days of Sam and Max season 1 and quite frankly it's ridiculous that this hasn't been addressed yet.

Given the fact that we've been saying this for years, I hardly expect this to go anywhere, but I can hardly be the only one who feels the heavy audio compression on the voices is ruining immersion quite a bit, and considering how incredibly easy it would be to fix this for the people interested... well, what can I say, really?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Orusaka wrote: »
    So, it's been a few years since the last time I was part of this paticular discussion, and since that seemed to have been a dead end, perhaps it's time to have this one again.

For the love of deity of choice, why are the voices still compressed to the point of audible hissing artifacts? We complained about this back in the days of Sam and Max season 1 and quite frankly it's ridiculous that this hasn't been addressed yet.

Given the fact that we've been saying this for years, I hardly expect this to go anywhere, but I can hardly be the only one who feels the heavy audio compression on the voices is ruining immersion quite a bit, and considering how incredibly easy it would be to fix this for the people interested... well, what can I say, really?

Yeah audio quality is always extremely bad since Sam&Max 1, the only thing I really hate about these Episode Titles... in Sam&Max they used ogg vorbis with a very very very low bitrate setting (and I guess Telltale still use that).

Why not use a different audiocodec (aac/m4a=better at low bitrates) or tune up the quality or maybe bring out 2 versions of a game, a bigger download with high quality sound and a small one for stoneage internet connections.
  • edited December 2010
    Im having a similar problem... The game will play the same sound 2 or 3 times, and the audio lags behind the video.. doc will say something and at the end of his sentence his lips will start moving.. ( and be moving to what he said) i dont know if my audio/video card isnt up to par or what.. but somethings gotta happen.. this is bad
  • edited December 2010
    i complained about this too for monkey island. is it after this game there are still issues?

@kendalken

this is usually when your system is not up to scratch. i had similar issues with unreal tournament 3 movies but fortunately there was a trick to fix it
This discussion has been closed.