BTTF keeps Loading - no play button

edited December 2010 in Game Support
So I'm getting really frustrated. I'm gonna need a delorean just to get my time back - ive wasted so much already downloading the software, then launching it and loading something else on the flash screen but I never get to a Play button.

Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    here the same problem no play button to push...
  • edited December 2010
    DO you have anything else running?

I get this issue on my mac at home with Sam and Max when I'm running other programs in the background. All I have to do is it restart it and make sure all other programs are closed.
  • edited December 2010
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    DO you have anything else running?

I get this issue on my mac at home with Sam and Max when I'm running other programs in the background. All I have to do is it restart it and make sure all other programs are closed.

Nope, nothing is running at all. And If I can run several apps like Photoshop, iMovie, and iPhoto at the same time that shouldn't matter. I've tried this with fresh startups, restarts, and no results.

I was all super excited about this game and I'm already at the point of giving up. Should have Just waited until the PS3 version was released
  • edited December 2010
    Here the solution, shut off your internet and then start the game. then you will see the play button!
    For me it works
  • edited December 2010
    I had a similar problem, and had to re-install the game after I got an error saying that it couldn't complete the install.

However, that ultimately didn't fix my problem. If you're running Vista/Windows 7, right click on the shortcut, and "Run As Administrator". Has worked flawlessly for me ever since.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm on windows 7. Clicking the play button wouldn't do anything. I had to right click the shortcut and select "Run as Administrator" for it to work too. Looks like a UAC issue.
  • edited December 2010
    I found an actual fix for the problem.

Launch regedit.
    On 32-bit systems, browse to HKLM\Software\Telltale Games
    On 64-bit systems, browse to HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Telltale Games

Right-click on "BackToTheFuture101.exe" and select "Properties".
    Grant the "Users" group "full control" over the subkey and click "OK" (alternatively, you could just add the user account of the user who will be playing the game, but you should only need to do this if you want to restrict access to the game).

The game will now launch properly under a user account.

The benefits of this fix are appropriate security controls and retention of saved games under the user account.
This discussion has been closed.