PC Issue

edited December 2010 in Game Support
I downloaded the game and installed and ran the game without problem. I played a good portion of the game, quit for a while and tried to start it up again. When I try to play it again (hit the play button) it begins to redownload the file. It worked fine the first time but now has problems. Anyone know what I need to do here?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    i have a similar problem. First, i started the game, it downloaded and said "installing" then... i had to reinstall the game, so i did it, the same happened again but after it finished downloading and tryed to reinstall i canceled and closed the window. When i went back the play button apeared, pressed and nothing happened, closed and went back in and it was available again, pressed and it worked!. Played for some time, had to restart the pc for an outside issue. When i started again the play button was available, but as i press it nothing happens... so i can't play :S HELP
  • edited December 2010
    The game is nowhere to be found in my start menu. To play I need to keep installing from the downloaded exe and launch the game. If I go into the telltale game folder and open the ep menu and press play for the first ep it downloads another installer and doesn't copy some files because they are in use. I haven't actually played the game as it keeps crashing after the title screen.
  • edited December 2010
    I had the same problem. I played for a bit, exited out, tried to go back in and it wanted to re-install. I canceled the install but was unable to get the launcher to work correctly. I re-installed the game from the original download file. The launcher worked but I was unable to click the play button. I right clicked the shortcut and clicked "run as administrator" and I'm able to play the game. To me, it looks like a UAC issue. I'm running windows 7 32bit.
  • edited December 2010
    ok now its working for me, i had to reinstall once again, only difference is than this time i installed into the default folder. I was installing in a different hard drive wich i use for storage. Hope it helps you guys.
This discussion has been closed.