[BTTF] Progression problem

edited April 2011 in Game Support
I seem to be stuck in the game. Small spoiler: I need to hit a pipe to trigger an elevator(at least that's what the walkthrough says) but every time I set up the event. Marty just keeps saying "looks like these pipes go into the basement." Nothing more. I've done everything the walkthrough says, but still nothing is happening. Any help? I'm labeling is spoilers just in case.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Some things you need to trigger this.
    Firstly, have you seen the elevator in action? you cant do this until you've seen it happen.
    I believe the door needs to be held open by the doc's invention also.
    then the big rack needs to be pushed in front of the door, so that when the elevator drops, the barrels roll onto the table :D

hope I helped
  • edited December 2010
    How do I see the elevator in action? I have yet to trigger that...
  • edited December 2010
    I too am stuck on this part. I've done everything else, but for the love of god I don't know how to trigger that lift.
  • edited December 2010
    Same thing here.

I feel like I know exactly what I need to do, but I can't do it. How do you activate the elevator again after you've seen it happen once?
  • edited December 2010
    BigDerp wrote: »
    Same thing here.

I feel like I know exactly what I need to do, but I can't do it. How do you activate the elevator again after you've seen it happen once?

How did you activate the elevator the first time?
  • edited December 2010
    I've gotten stuck here too. I have Doc holding the door open, get the shelf moved and... what's next? I've seen it all but Cue Ball won't let me back there and I can't figure out what to do next.
  • edited December 2010
    It won't even let me click on the pipe. I got "Doc Jr.'s thingamajig" to kind of prop open the door, I've seen the elevator thing happen a few times, got Cueball to cook, but I can't do anything.
  • edited December 2010
    Ok well... I just got it and I feel a little silly for not getting it sooner. Remember what the cook did the first time he activated the lift... Work with that.
  • edited December 2010
    Ok well... I just got it and I feel a little silly for not getting it sooner. Remember what the cook did the first time he activated the lift... Work with that.

I have yet to see the cook activate the lift...
  • edited December 2010
    How does one activate the lift the first time?
  • edited December 2010
    I'm not sure what gets him to do it the first time. Make sure you've talked to him about improving the flavor of the soup, and getting young Emmet to "invent" a prop for the kitchen door. Also, talk to Edna outside in the park about delivering the soup.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm not sure what gets him to do it the first time. Make sure you've talked to him about improving the flavor of the soup, and getting young Emmet to "invent" a prop for the kitchen door. Also, talk to Edna outside in the park about delivering the soup.

Yep. done all that. I had her come in and take some as well in a cutscene. She's still outside. I can tell her to go deliver more. I just haven't seen anything to do with the lift...I didn't even know there was a lift until I looked at the walkthrough...
  • edited December 2010

I have done all these things but never seen the lift move a inche and every time i click on the pipe hes just like "these pipes lead to the basement"
  • edited December 2010
    Can someone please provide a link to the walkthrough? I saw it earlier but now I can't find it and I'm completely stuck at the same spot as well. I can't even figure out how to get TO the lift. But we must've added spice to the soup about a dozen times so far. LOL
  • edited December 2010
    kanoba wrote: »
    I have done all these things but never seen the lift move a inche and every time i click on the pipe hes just like "these pipes lead to the basement"

Same for me. I hope it's not a glitch...
  • edited December 2010
    HCube wrote: »
    Can someone please provide a link to the walkthrough? I saw it earlier but now I can't find it and I'm completely stuck at the same spot as well. I can't even figure out how to get TO the lift. But we must've added spice to the soup about a dozen times so far. LOL

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-733

There ya go :)
  • edited December 2010
    DMLFury wrote: »
    Yep. done all that. I had her come in and take some as well in a cutscene. She's still outside. I can tell her to go deliver more. I just haven't seen anything to do with the lift...I didn't even know there was a lift until I looked at the walkthrough...

Walkthrough? Where? When? What?

I've been all over google looking for one and haven't found it at all.

EDIT: Ignore me... I saw the link now.
  • edited December 2010
    The cook won't activate the elevator if you're standing around obviously watching him. On the other hand you need a way to see the action when it does occur. Once Doc has the door propped open (gives you the view while you're out of sight around the corner) stay over in that area, trying going through the door a few times, it should trigger the cook into activating the lift, at least that's when he activated it for me.
  • edited December 2010
    Jarikith wrote: »
    The cook won't activate the elevator if you're standing around obviously watching him. On the other hand you need a way to see the action when it does occur. Once Doc has the door propped open (gives you the view while you're out of sight around the corner) stay over in that area, trying going through the door a few times, it should trigger the cook into activating the lift, at least that's when he activated it for me.

That did it. Don't know why they omitted that from the walkthrough...Thanks for the help!
  • edited December 2010
    It would be nice if they would test this stuff i read the walkthrough up to were i am in the soup kitchen done all suggestions, and still elevator wont trigger so i can't do anything.

Way to test the game for bugs, you know almost every telltale game ships like this, a simple puzzle that u cant do because of poor scripting/programing.

Looks like i wont be buying another telltale game anytime soon!
  • edited December 2010
    Still no luck here either.
  • edited December 2010
    Glad to help. :)
  • edited December 2010
    either the game is updating to fix soup kitchen bug or it is redownloading the game again.

sigh

great fucking scott, biff must have done somthing to this game.
  • edited December 2010
    It's probably redownloading. Close the launcher before it finishes, rightclick the shortcut, and run as administrator. Don't let it redownload, it screws over your game.

EDIT: Did anyone else notice the huge glaring typo in the dialogue tree where you tell Young Doc which barrel is the booze?
  • edited December 2010
    Okay checked out the walkthrough, did everything it said, still can't get into the back to hit the pipes.
  • edited December 2010
    Well, I just finished the episode. I've been browsing the forums and noticed this is a reoccurring problem. I'm a video game reviewer, and I received this game for review. I hate to say it, but this problem is going into my review. Still, the game was fun, and the nostalgia factor is through the roof, but things like this made me basically waste about 30 minutes just to figure it out.
  • edited December 2010
    Alright, I started a new game and got caught back up to where I was (under 15 minutes if you skip all the dialog you just heard and only do puzzle stuff). This time I got the cutscene which shows us the chef tapping on the pipe and the lift going to the basement. Only thing I did differently was go directly to jail to talk to Doc Brown when you arrive in the past. The first game(bugged) I went into the soup kitchen first. Maybe messing up some trigger event?
  • edited December 2010
    Try to reload the autosave when you get in the past, then, once you enter in soup shop, click first on pipe and then go left, you should see Cue Ball using the elevator. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    I went to the soup kitchen first time around instead of going to the jail..

Was able to trigger the event by leaving the soup kitchen, going back in then heading to the kitchen door.. I clicked on Emmets "invention" a few times then it triggered.
  • edited December 2010
    I have tried all of the suggestions in this thread... and I'm still stuck. I still haven't seen the "lift move" sequence. I didnt even know that it was supposed to move until I read this. Help please...
  • edited December 2010
    Man I was walking around the soup kitchen for like 30 minutes thinking what am I supposed to do in here because I don't like to use hints or walkthroughs. Finally I caved in and looked at all the hints and the walkthrough, and it didn't help at all! Now I know it's some kind of glitch. I've approached hte door numerous times and no luck.
  • edited December 2010
    Can someone please put a save game just after activating the lift?
    I've done everything, walked through that door many many times and still nothing.
    Btw. game is like all Telltale games - idea, audio are good, but graphics, controls and polish are very bad.
  • edited December 2010
    went back to the past, talked to edna about the burnt down speakeasy, went to the soup kitchen watching the scene with kid and arthur, went to jail, talked to doc about his younger self and the rocket drill, went to the soupkittchen, called the brown residence, went to the courthouse, bumped into and talked to doc, recorded his mumbling, played the mumbling to old doc, told young the solution, talked about the rocket drill, took the supoena, went with young doc to the soupkittchen, guy came in bringing the soup.

after that scene i went to the left to doc, BOOOOOM, scene triggered.

here's the save. phew, that took longer than i thought......

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V7UBSINM

and no, i havent talked to edna about the soup delivery, and i also tried to trigger the scene earlier, didnt work
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks!
    That was fast:)
    I've done all those, but never triggered this scene...
  • edited December 2010
    I too have this problem. Any news on a patch coming out?
  • edited April 2011
    I had the same problem for long time... i got the scene by just standing like 3 or more minutes at the door next to emmet then the scene triggered...

but i think they should patch this part its very confusing :(
This discussion has been closed.