BTTF not listet in "Your Games" / Can`t login on Launch Screen

edited December 2010 in Game Support
Hello... i`ve problems with my BTTF-Episodes.
They are not listet in my "Your Games" list.

This morning i become a window at Telltale Site where i can choose
the version to download. so i`ve download and install the german one.

no problem, but when i start the game and the launch-screen start,
i cannot login with my name&pw... nothing happens :confused:

where`s the problem?
what can i do?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    i have the exact same problem :(
  • edited December 2010
    I can't get the login to work either.
  • edited December 2010
    I am also in the same boat. It says that I do not own the game even though I ordered it in October.

To make matters worse I think there's no one even listening at Telltale--they must all be gone for the holidays.

"I know... let's release a game during the Christmas week but not support it--it'll probably be bug-free, right? Right?"
  • edited December 2010
    I downloaded the English version, but I also have the exact same problem.

The game does not accept my login credentials and is not listed among my games. What's worse is that there is no way to manually enter my key (which I got through mail when ordering the game) because the user interface is messed up; compared to all previous episodic games, I also find it strange that it is in German although I got the English version of the game (and of Windows; I never understand by software ties to the local and not the system language).
  • edited December 2010
    RevDEAD wrote: »
    I am also in the same boat. It says that I do not own the game even though I ordered it in October.

To make matters worse I think there's no one even listening at Telltale--they must all be gone for the holidays.

"I know... let's release a game during the Christmas week but not support it--it'll probably be bug-free, right? Right?"

Do you have a ticket number? I looked for an email from you but don't see one. The game is in your account when I log in.
  • edited December 2010
    I downloaded the English version, but I also have the exact same problem.

The game does not accept my login credentials and is not listed among my games. What's worse is that there is no way to manually enter my key (which I got through mail when ordering the game) because the user interface is messed up; compared to all previous episodic games, I also find it strange that it is in German although I got the English version of the game (and of Windows; I never understand by software ties to the local and not the system language).

This has been fixed for you.
  • edited December 2010
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    This has been fixed for you.

Thank you, the login actually works now. That was really fast! I had actually written a support mail in the meantime, and at least two issues are still there:

The login problems on the website are still there. Clicking on settings or my games brings me always to the password reset form.

The login and episode screens are still in German, though, although I downloaded the English version of the game.
  • edited December 2010
    Thank you, the login actually works now. That was really fast! I had actually written a support mail in the meantime, and at least two issues are still there:

The login problems on the website are still there. Clicking on settings or my games brings me always to the password reset form.

The login and episode screens are still in German, though, although I downloaded the English version of the game.

What's your ticket number?

I can try resetting your password. I'm not sure what's causing the german version to be downloaded but maybe being able to get to "your games" after a password reset will solve it.
  • edited December 2010
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    What's your ticket number?

I can try resetting your password. I'm not sure what's causing the german version to be downloaded but maybe being able to get to "your games" after a password reset will solve it.

The ticket is "issue-40922".

I reset my password two times, could login once, but still keep getting forwarded to the reset form instead of my games or settings when I click those corresponding icons.

The speech in the game actually is English, but the entire text is German (with a sometimes questionable translation, too). I do not see an option in the menu to change the text language; I know it said somewhere that all versions come with multi-language text - but I hardly think the game should try to be smarter than me and make the decision which one to show for me. I downloaded English speech and would like object names, summary texts, and subtitles (if needed) to match what I hear.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2010

If you have a German windows, that's caused by a missing registry key. I have posted reg files to fix it here.

It depends on your Windows Version though. If you have Vista, you can give the Win7 Reg file a try. No harm in trying, since you can just remove it again with the appropriate removal file.
  • edited December 2010
    DjNDB wrote: »
    If you have a German windows, that's caused by a missing registry key. I have posted reg files to fix it here.

It depends on your Windows Version though. If you have Vista, you can give the Win7 Reg file a try. No harm in trying, since you can just remove it again with the appropriate removal file.

Thank you so much, this immediately fixed the problem.

I was already afraid that I would have to always change the system locale before playing (I have an English Windows, the game seems to use the locale unless the registry key is there).
  • edited December 2010
    Hi, I have the same problem as "vintagegames".

When I try to log in the launcher shows "Loading ..." for a second and than it goes back to the log-in screen without any info about what went wrong.
  • edited December 2010
    Hey I just got the first episode BTTF game and it won't let me log in! it says I don't own the game but on the website it's under my games list

and on top of that every time i try to go into my games list it asks me if I've forgotten my password what the heck? I can log in fine
  • edited December 2010
    Back to the Future shows up in my invoice list, but not in the games I can download section.

I can login to the website, but not the game. Email requesting support sent yesterday, no response as of yet.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm having the same problem where it says I don't own the game but I have the serial number in my games section of my account. Could someone at Telltale Games please help. Thank you
  • edited December 2010
    I have this problem as well T^T
This discussion has been closed.