BTTF: Crashes on Win7 x64 - Another Workaround

edited December 2010 in Game Support
In my case, the game crashes immediately after selecting whether you want on screen tips or not. The "Run as admin" suggestion didn't help at all (I don't use UAC either) and I tried the running the game on another computer with a completely different hardware config and got the exact same crash, they do both run Win7 x64 though.

What lets me run game is to lower the graphics quality all the way down before starting. After that it runs fine.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I had this issue when I tried to play the game this morning, unfortuntely didn't have time to fault find. Hopefully there will be a fix for this soon as its ridiculous if we have to play the game with low graphics just because we are running 64 bit. Although someone else on the forum said they are playing the game just fine and are running 64 bit Windows 7, might possibly be a driver or a windows update causing it.
  • edited December 2010
    Just to note I am also running Win7 x64 and have no issues of this nature. I run the game with all setting on their maximum.

Is it possible the game is conflicting with something you have running in the background?
  • edited December 2010
    The two systems I tried it on don't have any overlapping software installs either. I tried disabling AV and such to no avail.
This discussion has been closed.