BTTF e01: Problem with playing the game

edited December 2010 in Game Support
Every time I hit new game, it takes me to the question if I want to have goal notifications, and regardless of whatever I choose, a minute later I get the blue screen of death. So far no actual damage seems to be done, but it's worrisome all the same.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Edit: A friend of mine suggested it might be happening because my RAM is too low. Any other possible causes?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I have a similar problem where as soon as I try to launch the game I get a windows shutdown error >.<
  • edited December 2010
    ... if the program had an error message saying you've encountered a major paradox, and the universe will be destroyed!

Or not. XD
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Let's see if we if we can track this down.
    Please post a dxdiag log.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a reply in this Thread.
  • edited December 2010
    Saved, zipped and attached.

If you see multiple areas of concern, please tell me all of them at once when you determine them.
  • edited December 2010
    I had the same problem too. My video card has problems displaying shadows with certain games. In the game settings, try turning down the shadow settings and see if that works.
  • edited December 2010
    No good, I even tried again with graphics at their lowest setting.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Nekoai-kun wrote: »
    Saved, zipped and attached.

If you see multiple areas of concern, please tell me all of them at once when you determine them.

This doesn't look good:
    Card name: MOBILITY RADEON 9000
    Display Memory: 32.0 MB
    Driver Date/Size: 7/29/2003 14:14:00, 302592 bytes

Description: SigmaTel Audio
    Date and Size: 5/12/2004 20:30:14, 258704 bytes

You have an 8 year old graphics chip, with only 32MB of Memory, and a 7 year old driver.
    That's probably the biggest problem.

The sound card driver is rather old too.

Since there were problems with the radeon 9000 series in earlier games, it might not work without issues.

But you can try updating to the latest Audio and Video drivers available at Dell.

Also make sure to run the DirectX updater.
  • edited December 2010
    Oh I definitely ran the DirectX updater. As for the other stuff.... crap. This is why I miss my desktop, I had great graphics card in it. All right, I'll see what I can fix.
This discussion has been closed.