season 2?

edited March 2007 in Sam & Max
first of all I would like to say I'd loved the firste 3 episods, and that you people at telltale are doing a great job. and i am looking forward to the next 3:D

but the question is will there be a season 2? or do we have to wait for a few years again to get more S&M? :confused:

Comments

• edited February 2007
    I imagine a season 2 will depend on the success of season 1 and whether they get the funding required.
  • edited February 2007
    I think the possibility of a Season 2 is very high. I'm going to be honest, Telltale would be crazy (from what I can tell by how much people like Sam & Max, and the success of Season 1 already) not to make a Season 2. Even if the next 3 episodes suck chunks, which they won't, then they should still make Season 2. I'm sure it would be even better since they will have a lot better idea of what to do and what not to do.
  • edited March 2007
    any update on season 2 telltale ????? as it i think its certain youll have a lot of buyers:D
  • edited March 2007
    I think its pretty likely they'll do season 2.
    I also think its very unlikely that they'll make the announcement on the message boards.

For Telltale Games, this is more than a matter of a second season of games. It's a bigger issue. It's the stake of a business model, highly unusual in the industry. That of episodic gaming released on a regularly scheduled timetable without delays (the recent delay of -7 days withstanding). The big questions aren't about Sam and Max, but on whether or not the business model is a success. Does it have a future? Do any adjustments need to be made?

Personally I'd like to think (and for TTG's sake, I certainly hope) that the business model is a success, but TTG is a business and when they're ready to announce how successful their unusual business model was, they'll likely want to do it in the form of a press release so as to generate more publicity for their company and their future products, and this is a perfectly reasonable thing for them to do.

I just don't expect they'll steal the thunder from their own press release by posting the information here first. Then again, they're a surprising company in many ways, so anything is possible.
  • MelMel
    edited March 2007
    You also have to keep in mind the Bone series and its production schedule. Quite a few people are looking forward to the next game in that series (me included). :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.