Back To The Future Free First Episode username/password trouble

edited May 2011 in Game Support
I just downloaded the free first episode for the BTTF Game and every time I open it and punch in my tell tale username this message comes up: "Sorry, it doesn't look like you own Back To The Future: The Game. Try logging in under a different account or pick up the game." How is it possible that I don't own it when I was given the first episode for free!

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2010
    The only free Episode i know of is available starting February.

Where did you download it?
    Is the download link available on your my games page?
  • edited December 2010
    You can't use it until February.
  • edited December 2010
    Okay thank you StLouisRibs
  • edited December 2010
    D: why is it not available until Febuary!?!?! I got it in the 25th Anniversary Trilogy
  • edited December 2010
    I got an email telling me I could go download and play it now. But when I try to it says I don't own it.

Kind of lame.
  • edited December 2010
    Ok, that explain it.
  • edited January 2011
    that doesn't make sense. i know someone who downloaded it and can still play it. hmmmmmm.
  • edited May 2011
    i want the password of back to the future game
  • edited May 2011
    What I dont like is I downloaded the free episode, enjoyed it, bought the rest of the game, but whenever I go to play, the other episodes are still listed as "buy now".
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2011
    ca_bttf wrote: »
    What I dont like is I downloaded the free episode, enjoyed it, bought the rest of the game, but whenever I go to play, the other episodes are still listed as "buy now".

Have you downloaded and installed the additional episodes from your Games page?
  • edited May 2011
    ca_bttf wrote: »

The first thing you can do to fix this is to try manually refreshing the launcher. Here's how to do so:

PC:

CTRL/Shift/+ then CTRL/Shift/-

Mac:

Command/Shift/+ then Command/Shift/-

Doing the above will bring up two dialogue boxes. Say "yes" to each, then log back into the launcher with your TTG account info.

If that doesn't work, there's a chance you may have a security program in place that's restricting the launcher from updating properly. Try turning off firewalls, etc, then reopen the launcher and see if that helps.
This discussion has been closed.