BTTF "NSIS" error

edited March 2011 in Game Support
I purchased BTTF ep 1 for the pc last night and downloaded it today
when the setup finished downloading I opened the program and when it was 100% loaded i recieved an NSIS error message saying "Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes due to incomplete download and damaged media. contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy."
I downloaded the file again and the same message repeated
I have a windows 7 os and I have no clue what this means
please help

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2010
    It means that the file is corrupted. There can be many reasons for that.

What Browser do you use?

Let's try redownloading again.
    First delete your browser cache.
    Then make sure no security software or download manager can interfere.

You can download during a clean boot to be sure no security software interferes, but you might have to take care of disabling a download manager manually, if applicable.

Deleting the browser cache:
    Before downloading the game again you should delete your browsers cache/temporary internet files so that it is not loaded from there:

Internet Explorer 7: In the menu choose "Extras/Delete Browsing History...". In the resulting Window select "Delete files..." for "Temporary Internet Files".

In recent Firefox and Internet Explorer 8 you can delete the cache/temporary internet files with CTRL-Shift-Del.

In Firefox you would only select "Cache".

In Internet Explorer only select "Temporary Internet Files".
    Uncheck all other boxes in each case.

Booting clean in Windows Vista / 7:
    1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG --> Click OK
    2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
    3. Uncheck Load Startup Items
    4. Select the Services tab
    5. Check Hide all Microsoft services
    6. Click Disable all
    7. Click on OK
    8. Click Restart.
    9. After reboot, download the installer

After performing the necessary steps, restore your system by doing the following:

1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG--> Click OK
    2. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
    3. Click Ok
    4. Click Yes, when asked to restart your computer

Based on Will's post
  • edited December 2010
    I run google chrome as my browser
    I cleared the cache, clean booted my pc, downloaded the .exe setup file again and still no results.....
    :(
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2010
    I run google chrome as my browser
    I cleared the cache, clean booted my pc, downloaded the .exe setup file again and still no results.....
    :(

I see. You can try a different browser, or download it on an entirely different computer. Even better if it doesn't use the same internet connection.
  • edited February 2011
    Instead of clicking save I clicked run instead. and it came up with the install wizard thingy. i had the same problem as you
  • edited February 2011
    I'm not sure if its related, but the first time I downloaded Bttf VG I had not set up my 'username'. I did that then DL the file again and the error went away.
  • edited March 2011
    This also happens when you try to run it in linux. No matter what you do, it gives the NSIS Error.
This discussion has been closed.