BTTF offline ?

edited December 2010 in Game Support
Here is my problem : I have downloaded BTTF and want to play it offline because I can't be very much on the Internet at the moment.

I activated it online, since it didn't want to activate itself offline, but now, when I click the "Play" button when I'm offline, the game just does'nt start ! It worked perfectly when I tried it online, though.

Does anyone know a way to fix this ?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    GoldNoway wrote: »
    Here is my problem : I have downloaded BTTF and want to play it offline because I can't be very much on the Internet at the moment.

I activated it online, since it didn't want to activate itself offline, but now, when I click the "Play" button when I'm offline, the game just does'nt start ! It worked perfectly when I tried it online, though.

Does anyone know a way to fix this ?

It SHOULD work offline after being activated once. If you look through your registry you will find a key with your Username and PW (encrypted). This key should be enough to play it offline - worked fine for me. Maybe it is important on which OS you run the game? I used XP and had no problems when being offline.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm on Windows 7. I finally cleared the game online, but it still doesn't open offline, that's strange.
  • edited December 2010
    Try to run it "As an Administator" and then reactivate it.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm having the same problem (I'm on Vista 32-bit, btw) and running it as administrator doesn't make a difference. The game will launch just fine when I'm connected to the internet, but when I'm disconnected, it keeps giving me the "offline unlock" instructions. Pretty annoying. I've requested an unlock code via e-mail from Telltale support, but considering I'm always having trouble actually receiving any response from them (they don't end up in the spam folder either), I'll just have to use a computer that's connected to the internet 24/7.

At least the game looks awesome, from what I've seen so far.
  • edited December 2010
    If you're running Vista or Windows 7, install all your games to anywhere but Program Files, as that's protected by UAC.
This discussion has been closed.