BTTF Crashing at Startup

edited December 2010 in Game Support
Hullo!

I apologize for starting a new discussion about what looks to be a common problem, but I am at a complete loss as to what might be causing these troubles.

I bought the game some time ago as a Christmas gift for my brother but (foolishly) did not install it for him until this morning.

On the first install, I was able to get as far as the 'goals' option selection, but then it crashed soon after.

Not being all that computer literate, I simply tried to re-install (even re-download) the game and upon doing so discovered that the game now crashes as soon as I press the 'Play' button.

Reading through some of the other posts this morning, I understand the DxDiag can be helpful to those with half a brain, so I have tried to provide it here! :)

Many thanks for any help or insight you can provide!

Cheers and Happy Christmas!

edit: I have also included a description of the last crashing 'event' if that is of any help to anyone!

Description:
Faulting application BackToTheFuture101.exe, version 2010.12.21.51872, time stamp 0x4d116b3b, faulting module fmodex.dll, version 0.4.30.3, time stamp 0x4be351f9, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0008ef1d, process id 0x564, application start time 0x01cba45cb2a5ade0.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    There's two other threads on this I think :) What solved it for me is turning down the shadows in the graphics options.
This discussion has been closed.