bttf_102_setup.exe? WTF?!

edited December 2010 in Game Support
Hi everyone

Someone (from another forum) changed some letters from the actual download link for Episode 1 and got this file (bttf_102_setup.exe)

But it's not episode 2, it's like a beta/older version of Episode 1.

What's up with that?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Trolling. Scamming. Anything may apply. Don't trust strangers on internet. Episode 2 won't come out before February.
  • edited December 2010
    The file he mentions does exist though, in fact I'm downloading it right now. Of course, it's impossible that it is the actual second episode.
  • edited December 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Trolling. Scamming. Anything may apply. Don't trust strangers on internet. Episode 2 won't come out before February.

The file exists and its on Telltale servers. Take the download link for episode 1 and change all the 101's for 102...

Im not saying that it is episode 2, in fact is an older version/beta of episode 1.
  • edited December 2010
    It's the german version, isn't it ?
  • edited December 2010
    Well, at least on my end it doesn't even run after the launcher, so probably not even that.
  • edited December 2010
    The first 1 is the episode number. The 01 is the version number. 02 is most likely a bug fixed version of episode 1. NOT an older version.
  • edited December 2010
    The first 1 is the episode number. The 01 is the version number. 02 is most likely a bug fixed version of episode 1. NOT an older version.

That is pretty weird. If it was more of a bugfree version, then they would let people download THAT one instead of the first one.
  • edited December 2010
    Just two things though

-Telltale's naming format is *season number*0*episode number*. For example, Sam and Max 104 is season 1 episode 4, 205 is season 2 episode 5, and 302 is season 3 episode 2.
    -Everything in the setup refers to it as "episode 2", hell, the folder and shortcuts it installs are name "episode 2".
    If it was more of a bugfree version,

If it was a more bugfree version I think it'd actually run though XD Also, judging by the file size it's missing things anyways.
  • edited December 2010
    Just tried it myself. It really seems to be some sort of test or beta give the info.txt which is included in the folder "pack" of the new version:

"BTTF 101 PC v12.00

New Executable: No
    Tool Version: 51472
    Engineering Label: N/A
    GameData Label: N/A
    Get Time: 3:11 p 12/20/10
    Wrapper: Yes

Notes: This should resolve bugs 53715 and 53818."

I we only knew which bugs they are ;) Only starts launcher and doesn't run at all.
This discussion has been closed.