BttF Launcher Downloading Something?

edited January 2011 in Game Support
So when I quit the game and leave the exit launcher sitting (And probably clicking the link to the forums), after a few moments, the launcher shows a progress bar with a % complete and current bandwidth, but it doesn't tell me what it's downloading or why, nor did it prompt me in any fashion to download something.

Does anyone have any insight?

I'd also like to express my opinion that if you're going to show the launcher after the game quits, you should let players relaunch the game without having to close and reopen the launcher.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    No one has any idea? :( I would have expected at least a comment from a staffer or a mod.
  • edited December 2010
    quit the launcher, reinstall your game and run it with administrator privileges
  • edited December 2010
    Cyphox wrote: »
    quit the launcher, reinstall your game and run it with administrator privileges

Uh, why? All I want to know is what it's doing. I don't have any problems running the game.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited December 2010
    xbskid wrote: »
    Uh, why? All I want to know is what it's doing. I don't have any problems running the game.

I was unable to reproduce the situation.
    If you're tech savvy enough, you can try monitoring your network traffic with Wireshark to see what's happening.
  • edited December 2010

BECAUSE!

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21404

you're not the first one with this kind of problem
  • edited January 2011
    Cyphox wrote: »
    BECAUSE!

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21404

you're not the first one with this kind of problem

See, I had no idea the launcher downloads the episodes--that's what I was asking. Thank you for identifying that I may have had a problem with my launcher, but you completely failed to answer my question.
  • edited January 2011
    DjNDB wrote: »
    I was unable to reproduce the situation.
    If you're tech savvy enough, you can try monitoring your network traffic with Wireshark to see what's happening.

Here's how to reproduce the "Downloading" bug...

Make sure you're using Vista or Windows 7.

1. Completely uninstall the game. (Delete the Episode 1 folder from your My Documents!)
    2. Make sure UAC is turned ON (as every security expert in the world will tell you, it SHOULD ALWAYS BE ON).
    3. Install the game -- but DO NOT leave the "Run game after install" button selected. It should be UNchecked.

It should ask you to sign in. If it doesn't, you've done something wrong.

4. Sign in.
    5. Behold the endless download of corruptability!
  • edited January 2011
    See, I had no idea the launcher downloads the episodes--that's what I was asking. Thank you for identifying that I may have had a problem with my launcher, but you completely failed to answer my question.

i'm soorraaaaay. you're right, i could have mentioned that the launcher is downloading the game again.
This discussion has been closed.