BTTF Freezes at Startup

edited January 2011 in Game Support
I just purchased it and when I click the play button, it goes to a black screen and I must Ctrl+Alt+Del to get myself outta there. So how do I stop it from freezing at Startup?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    I'm getting the same problem. I just downloaded it for my PC, and after I try launching Episode 1, I hear a second of the theme music, but the screen is blank and nothing happens. Help!
  • edited January 2011
    Hi.

I just purchased the BTTF and tried to run it.

All drivers updated, all other games works fine. AMD Phenom X3, 4GB, X1950XTX.

What happens when I click new game, then select goals or not, it shows the flux capacitor for a seconds then crashes to the desktop.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-Thomas-
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited January 2011
    DeadLock wrote: »
    What happens when I click new game, then select goals or not, it shows the flux capacitor for a seconds then crashes to the desktop.

You can try setting the shadows to minimum. That helped some people in this thread.
  • edited January 2011
    Hi.

Thanks.

That fixed the problem.
    Probably a shader issue with my drivers.

Thanks.

-Thomas-
  • edited January 2011
    I'm having the exact same problem on a Mac. Everything is updated; it's a brand new system. I hit "Play" and I hear music, then it freezes on a black screen. Help!
  • edited January 2011
    I'm having a similar issue, only it's after the mixing game. WHole game freezes up and I've actually had to shut down my Mac to get the computer working again. Made me more than a bit gunshy about the game.
This discussion has been closed.