downloading game

edited December 2010 in Game Support
Hello
Try to download the back to the future Episode 1 three times and get the same message:
Setup could not download the file. Please retry later or check network connection. I know my internet is fine, what could be the problem.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Clear your cache and try downloading again.

If you're using Firefox, go to Tools/Advanced/Network and click on the Clear Now button.
  • edited December 2010
    What is cache ?
  • edited December 2010
    Basically, your browser's data memory. If you made any unsuccessful downloading due to an interruption of network or whatever, sometimes the data corresponding to the thing you're downloading gets corrupted and this leads to a situation where you try to download something off of internet but it always fails to run.

Follow my instructions of clearing your browser cache in my previous post (if you're using Mozilla Firefox, that is. If you use another web browser I'll suggest you to type it in Google to search for cache clearing instructions), try to download the game once more and tell me how it went.
  • edited December 2010
    Well I took your advise and got the response. Microsoft windows states "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" don't know what else to do. Ideas??? I have uninstalled it a again. In trying to go through the short cut it reads - "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_dll was not found. Re-install the application may fix this problem."
  • edited December 2010
    Douga1985 wrote: »
    Well I took your advise and got the response. Microsoft windows states "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" don't know what else to do. Ideas??? I have uninstalled it a again. In trying to go through the short cut it reads - "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_dll was not found. Re-install the application may fix this problem."

Oh I see. Uninstall and reinstall the game, and make sure you choose the option "Check DirectX and install any needed components" just BEFORE the installation. If your problem still lasts update your graphics drivers.
This discussion has been closed.