BTTF does not start (OSX) after pressing "Play"

edited December 2010 in Game Support
After launching the, well, launcher, logging in and pressing "Play", the launcher quits, and nothing more happens. I have tried it multiple times now, but it just won't work. I am running OSX 10.6.5 on a 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, MacBook Pro.

Ideas? Suggestions? Fixes? It annoys me greatly that I can't play the game I have been looking forward to playing for six months, and during the christmas holidays is really the only free time I'll have in weeks to come.. :/

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Same here!
  • edited December 2010
    me too late 2010 macbook pro 15 core i7
  • edited December 2010
    The first package I downloaded a couple of days ago was called "bttf_101_setup.app.zip" and extracted to "BackToTheFuture101 DRM 15.05". I went back to the Telltale games website and downloaded it from my games. It had was called differently, "BackToTheFuture101.app.zip" and extracted to "BackToTheFuture101". Now it works! Probably a mispackaging...

Happy playing!
  • edited December 2010
    I finally figured out what the problem was on my side. The game has some sort of launcher from where you can start all episodes. If you rename the file (as I did because I didn't like the name), the launcher cannot find the game and exits. So dont rename the file! Leave it as it is, and the game will start without any problems.
  • edited December 2010
    i got the latest version of the game - however it seems not to like the nvidia card in my laptop - when I copy the prefs.pro from tales of monkey island ep 1 and replace the bttf one, and switch my video to intel only using a utility gfxcardstatus the game runs in windowed mode and I can do stuff in the gui - other than that, if i just leave everything normal and run like any other app - the game plays a bit of audio - and then crashes causing me to have to do a hard power down and reboot.
This discussion has been closed.