How many times can you play through Episode 1 and get hyped before Ep 2 is released?

I'm at 2.

Who is winning? :D

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I'm going to go through it at least a second time, just because there's apparently much I missed in the dialogue the first time through.

But after that, I might finally download Tales of Monkey Island (now that I know my computer can run a game fairly well) and play that in order to pass the time and break things up a bit. =]
  • edited December 2010
    Completed it 3 times already.
  • edited December 2010
    i bet i can beat it 15 times in one day
  • edited December 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    i bet i can beat it 15 times in one day

Your not that fast. I dare you.
  • edited December 2010
    15 sounds very much doable to me. I've completed twice, but I've played it about halfway through 5 or 6 times to see things and take screenshots.
  • edited December 2010
    Your not that fast. I dare you.
    dammit you made it an actual challenge. which means i must comply.

...the fuck? It says I don't own the game now.
  • edited December 2010
    I've completed it six times in a row..
  • edited December 2010
    completed it twice so far
  • edited December 2010
    I've completed it six times in a row..

My girlfriend informed me that she's completed it 37 times... in a row!
  • edited December 2010
    3 times so far. And I break things up by occasionally indulging in a Poker Night marathon. I love these games! :D
  • edited December 2010
    Davies wrote: »

Whats her name? Is it...Jennifer!? :eek:
  • edited December 2010
    Whats her name? Is it...Jennifer!? :eek:

Actually, her name's Veronica. Here's a clip featuring her and I:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94wGndbOIPk
  • edited December 2010

Try not to play any adventure games on your way to the parking lot!
  • edited December 2010
    I smell BS.
  • edited December 2010
    This thread is for true winners!!!
  • edited December 2010
    I smell BS.

For someone who calls themselves PrivateJoker, you sure seem to have missed the joke. :rolleyes:
    doggans wrote: »
    Try not to play any adventure games on your way to the parking lot!

Whereas doggans is in on this particular private joke.
  • edited December 2010
    For someone who calls themselves PrivateJoker, you sure seem to have missed the joke. :rolleyes:

Whereas doggans is in on this particular private joke.

What you don't know is that I traveled into the future and found out that that girl is actually your mom and you got her pregnant so you are your own dad.

/win
  • edited December 2010
    What you don't know is that I traveled into the future and found out that that girl is actually your mom and you got her pregnant so you are your own dad.

/win

Yeah, an absolute win because that "joke" represented the absolute height of wit. You're not Oscar Wilde reincarnated by any chance, are you?

Now, that Sir is what constitutes a win.
    Back of the net! 1 - Nil.
  • edited December 2010
    Oscar Wilde is dead.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm going to do it until i've tried all of the possible responses in the dialogue scenes. Perhaps that will take 5 play throughs? I'll mainly be doing it just to find any plot "moments" I may have overlooked. But i'm 99.00% sure I understood the plot.
  • edited December 2010
    Oscar Wilde is dead.

Hence 'reincarnated'.
  • edited December 2010
    linorn wrote: »
    Hence 'reincarnated'.

Thats just silly superstition. Next.
  • edited December 2010
    Oscar Wilde is dead.
    linorn wrote: »
    Hence 'reincarnated'.
    Thats just silly superstition. Next.

Whereas, myself being my own father makes perfect sense? Jeez, it's like having an argument with a school kid. Why not be honest and say you didn't read my post properly or didn't understand what reincarnated meant?

Some people just don't know when to admit that they've been put in their place I guess.

2-Nil

P.S. I'm pretty sure that a lot of Hindu's and Buddist's would be offended by you calling they're religion silly.
  • edited December 2010
    Whereas, myself being my own father makes perfect sense? Jeez, it's like having an argument with a school kid. Why not be honest and say you didn't read my post properly or didn't understand what reincarnated meant?

Some people just don't know when to admit that they've been put in their place I guess.

2-Nil

P.S. I'm pretty sure that a lot of Hindu's and Buddist's would be offended by you calling they're religion silly.

All I hear is the hollow banter of a futile ad hominem attempt in a forum about a video game about time traveling. You are protracting some strange play ground argument with me here, and I don't know why. You can respond with vague references and pseudo-intellectual remarks, but it won't win you anything except self-approval points, and a chance to win a real Flux Capacitor! I have the right to believe in whatever I want to believe and to say what I want to say. The only way this can be changed is if I travel back in time and re-write this thread... :eek: lol

Davies -5 for not proving a point and realizing that he can't disprove my point because I never attempted to make one, and to take the context of the forum into consideration. :rolleyes:
  • edited December 2010
    How did a Clerks reference turn into a fight?
  • edited December 2010
    All I hear is the hollow banter of a futile ad hominem attempt in a forum about a video game about time traveling.

But I do so enjoy the hollow banter that the Internet offers. As for ad hominem; to be quite honest I had no idea what it meant, so I looked it up. It's great to learn a new word and something about yourself every day. :)
    You are protracting some strange play ground argument with me here, and I don't know why.

I feel the exact opposite is true, it depends on the point of view of each individual I guess.

...also, you fancy the 12th grade science teacher, Mr. Brown. So :p
    You can respond with vague references and pseudo-intellectual remarks, but it won't win you anything except self-approval points, and a chance to win a real Flux Capacitor!

I can win a Flux Capacitor?! I best keep up with the vague references and pseudo-intellectual remarks then. Incidentlely:

* Harlan Ellison writes under the pseudonym of "Cordwainer Bird" if he has no desire to be assosiated with a book he wrote.

* A stumble may prevent a fall.
    I have the right to believe in whatever I want to believe and to say what I want to say.

...and I don't?! :(
    Davies -5 for not proving a point

Please could someone make sure that this is carved on to my gravestone?

doggans wrote: »
    How did a Clerks reference turn into a fight?

I'm not entirely sure.

*Goes to re-read the thread*

It would say it's a case of crossed wires. Both myself and PrivateJoker seemed to think the other was being confrontational, when actually we were both being light-hearted (at first at least). That's my view on it anyway.
  • edited December 2010
    Lol
Sign in to comment in this discussion.