What name would Marty come up with?

We all know Marty McFly is a master of alternate identies. (Calvin Kline, Marty Jr., Clint Eastwood) And I saw that choice for what your name is in '31. (Michale Corlione, Harry Calahan, ...(Ok, I forgot the 3rd one))

So, what names whould you come up for Marty to use?? Now, it would probably have to be someone from '86 down...but after '31 so no one would recognise it.

Me, I would go with: "Hi, my name is...Peter Venkman." or "Hi, my name is...Tomas Magnum." (actually, I would also say "Hi, my name is...John McClane"; but Die Hard wasn't released untill 1988, so Marty wouldn't know who that is.)

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Third one was Sonny Crockett, who is one of the main characters in Miami Vice, which we see a poster of in Marty's Room at the start.
  • edited December 2010
    ...So, uh...any ideas?

You know, "My name is, uh...______."

What name would you guys think Marty would come up with?
  • edited December 2010
    Herman Toothrot :P
  • edited December 2010
    How about the name of the actor who played Alex on Family Ties... ;)
  • edited December 2010
    I would imagine he woulda gone with a criminal name since the prohibition era was most synonymous with nefarious activities.
  • edited December 2010
    Marty seems to like thematic names. In 1885 he was in a Western setting, so he called himself Clint Eastwood.

Being surrounded by gangsters makes me think he'd go with Tony Montana.
  • edited December 2010
    Marty seems to like thematic names. In 1885 he was in a Western setting, so he called himself Clint Eastwood.

Being surrounded by gangsters makes me think he'd go with Tony Montana.

In the spirit of "what would Marty do," I chose Michael Corleone because it was the closest thing to Tony Montana.
  • edited December 2010
    Guybrush Threepwood, mighty pirate!
  • edited December 2010
    Of the three you can have him assume I took Michael Corleone. Funny gag that.
  • edited December 2010
    Since it was during prohibition id say the "Beer Baron" :p
  • edited December 2010
    .(Ok, I forgot the 3rd one))

How CAN you forget Sonny Crockett!? Personally I would've picked Sonny Burnett, that would have been double alternative :D
  • edited December 2010
    I always go with Harry Callahan, I mean he already was Clint Eastwood once, he may try another version of him.

Oh man, that would be SO funny he he actually went with 'Alex Keiton'. That is the ultimate Michael J. Fox inside joke.

Let's see... well I imagine Marty would also try using Michael Jackson (I mean he is pretty good at moonwalking) ...OH! How about "My name is...Mr .T?" Oh man, the look of confusion on their face would be great. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    Let Marty call himself Guybrush Threepwood in a future episode and my world will be rocked.
    ;)
  • edited December 2010
    ...OH! How about "My name is...Mr .T?" Oh man, the look of confusion on their face would be great. ;)

I pity da fool.

I had a thought. It would be unfortunate if Marty thought of a name used in popular culture, and didn't realize until it was too late that it referenced someone infamous who was actually living at the time. Like Clyde Barrow, of Bonnie & Clyde fame.

Also, in the case of Clint Eastwood in 1885, Marty didn't choose an alias of a movie character, but of an actor who portrays such characters. With this in mind, I think he'd be more likely to choose Al Pacino than he would Tony Montana.

Then again, Michael Corleone is a character in a movie who was also played by Al Pacino, and "Michael Corleone" was an option in the game (and the one that I picked) so there we are, I guess.
  • edited December 2010
    I went with Michael Corleone cause at the time it was the only name I recognized and it was neat to hear people calling Marty "Michael". ;)
  • edited December 2010
    Um, nobody mentioned this one (being the 30's & all):

ALPHONSE GABRIEL

(if anyone catches it ....)
  • edited December 2010
    If I had to choose one besides the ones in the game, I would say.. H.M. Murdock..(A-Team) or one of their names or David L. Roth :D
  • edited December 2010
    I'll with a cop, Joe Friday.
  • edited December 2010
    Um, nobody mentioned this one (being the 30's & all):

ALPHONSE GABRIEL

(if anyone catches it ....)

Al Capone would have got him in trouble. Seeing as how Capone was active in the 30's, they would've probably arrested him.
  • edited December 2010
    Al Capone would have got him in trouble. Seeing as how Capone was active in the 30's, they would've probably arrested him.

Yeah, (I'm not too sure about the time frame) but I imagine John Dillinger, 'Machine Gun' Kelly, and/or 'Babyface' Nelson may have given Marty some unwanted trouble in the 30's as well.
  • edited May 2011
    Here are some ideas I have:
    Alex P Keaton (or just Alex Keaton) ~ Referencing Michael J Fox's other famous '80s character.
    Huey Lewis ~ Well, he's Marty's favourite singer.
    Michael J Fox (or just Michael Fox) ~ That would be even cooler than Alex P Keaton.

Of the three the game gives, I'm torn between Michael Corleone and Harry Callahan. I never watched The Godfather, but I like the fact that his first name is "Michael". And then Harry Callahan references a character that Clint Eastwood played.
  • edited May 2011
    If I had to choose one besides the ones in the game, I would say.. H.M. Murdock..(A-Team) or one of their names or David L. Roth :D

Actually, speaking of David Lee Roth, I was thinking...he could use the name... 'Edward' Van Halen. (After all, Marty does use a tape of him on George for his 'Darth Vader' bit in the 1st movie.)
  • edited May 2011
    Arnold Schwarzenegger. Conan. Terminator Hi my my name TERMINATOR!. im from CYBERDYNE SYSTEM. My age is T800!. lol

Or he could be David Hasslehoff, i mean nobody hassles the hoff! NOBODY!
  • edited May 2011
    'Chuck Norris' and 'Han Solo' seem like acceptable options.
  • edited May 2011
    Eddie Andrews
  • edited May 2011
    Really??? All three names are from popular 80's characters
    Harry Callahan is "Dirty" Harry
    James "Sonny" Crockett is from Miami Vice
    Michael Corleone is from The Godfather
    I think they did a good job on the name choices :( It is just kinda sad that no one seems to know who they are...
  • edited May 2011
    Hello, my name is Teen Wolf.
  • edited May 2011
    Really??? All three names are from popular 80's characters
    Harry Callahan is "Dirty" Harry
    James "Sonny" Crockett is from Miami Vice
    Michael Corleone is from The Godfather
    I think they did a good job on the name choices :( It is just kinda sad that no one seems to know who they are...

The only one I didn't know was Sonny Crockett. Harry Callahan rang a bell, but I couldn't figure out where I'd heard the name before until later, so I went with Michael Corleone. Not only is it kind of fitting, especially later when you're trying to pretend to be a gangster, it's also funny to hear everyone calling him "Michael".
  • edited May 2011
    bttf4444 wrote: »
    Here are some ideas I have:
    Alex P Keaton (or just Alex Keaton) ~ Referencing Michael J Fox's other famous '80s character.
    Huey Lewis ~ Well, he's Marty's favourite singer.
    Michael J Fox (or just Michael Fox) ~ That would be even cooler than Alex P Keaton.

Of the three the game gives, I'm torn between Michael Corleone and Harry Callahan. I never watched The Godfather, but I like the fact that his first name is "Michael". And then Harry Callahan references a character that Clint Eastwood played.

Your forgetting another unforgettable Michael J Fox character... Spin City's "Mike Flaherty". Both his character in Family Ties, and his character in Spin City would've been some wicked cool in-joke names to use, in place of Sonny Crockett and Michael Corleone (leaving Harry Callahan as 3rd option).
  • edited May 2011
    Ah, but Mike Flaherty would have no meaning to Marty McFly. All the names he pics are contemporaries. Spin City didn't come out until the 90's.
  • edited May 2011
    Ah, but Mike Flaherty would have no meaning to Marty McFly. All the names he pics are contemporaries. Spin City didn't come out until the 90's.

Yeah, that's why I didn't mention Mike Flaherty. Marty from 1986 would have no idea who he is, since Spin City didn't start until 1996.
  • edited May 2011
    Al Capone.

Famous criminal.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.