BTTF Game Crash - Late 2010 MacBook Pro 15 core i7

edited December 2010 in Game Support
I am reposting this in a new topic-

I downloaded the latest version of the game from the my games list - however it seems not to like the nvidia card in my laptop - This happens in Windows as well with bootcamp - I click on Play Now - the games seems to start and then, the system crashes and forces me to do a hard shutdown via the power button.

The only way I get the game to run for more than a few seconds is in OSX when I when I copy the prefs.pro from tales of monkey island ep 1 and replace the bttf one, and switch my video to intel only using a utility gfxcardstatus the game runs in windowed mode and I can do things with the actual game gui.

I tried to run the game in Windows using the same prefs file but for some reason the game crashes here too.

Of course in OSX I don't have much control on the drivers front and in Windows I am using the latest drivers from nvidia and I have tried beta drivers as well.. I stress tested my videocard in windows using furmark to heat the sucker up and the system did not crash - so I don't think the issue is the laptop itself.

Anyone have any suggestions - telltale?

Thanks

Chris

Comments

• edited December 2010
    It has to be some issue with nvidia graphics cards / as ati based macs are not affected in the same way.
This discussion has been closed.