Just showed this game to a BTTF-Oblivious kid

edited December 2010 in Back to the Future
During the Christmas celebrations, I thought I'd show my niece this game just to see her reaction.

She's 6, so she couldn't really understand the English language or read the French subtitles very well, but the cartoony look caught her attention instantly.

We played through the introduction after I explained the movies a bit, I read her the dialog choices so she could choose what to say and she couldn't believe a game could be played like that.

She played video games before, but never an adventure game. I think she's going to love this game genre in a couple of years. For now, we need to explain to her the different choices, but she was captivated nonetheless.

It's a different experience playing BTTF with a child. It didn't feel TOO easy, and I concentrated more on the dialogs since I had to explain everything. It felt like a mix of bedtime story, watching a movie but she could decide what was going to happen.

It was fun, even with the language barrier. I lent my BTTF dvds to my brother-in-law so he can watch the movies in French with her. I might have created a monster :D

So, anyone played with their kids or showed this during the holidays ?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Frankov wrote: »
    I read her the dialog choices so she could choose what to say and she couldn't believe a game could be played like that.

..... I might have created a monster :D

So, anyone played with their kids or showed this during the holidays ?

aaaaaahwww, thats so sweeeeet :D

im afraid i dont have any kids to play the game with :(

i.... played it with myself... im a kid too, when it comes to bttf
  • edited December 2010
    I play it with my daughter she is also 6 years old.
    We are playing in english because I also watch the Movies in English instead of German and I didn't know before installing that this would turn out like this.
    It is really fun to play this game with her, she is starting to run her own conlusions of the happenings and tries to explain me what might happen or how it came to this. I explained everything and she is really exited for bttf now.
    Will get the German version after we finished the English Version to make it easier for her to understand.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2010
    If you have the English version you have the German version. I don't know how to change which one installs, but the game includes both!
  • edited December 2010
    just install the german version in the exact same directory as you installed the english version and it will work fine!
  • edited December 2010
    Cyphox wrote: »
    just install the german version in the exact same directory as you installed the english version and it will work fine!
    Cool, thanks! I will give it a try, or I will install both. English for me playing alone and German for playing together with my daughter ,if possible. :)
  • edited December 2010
    should be, as far as i checked the savegames should be compatible to each other, just install the other version to a different directory, the directory where the savegames are stored should be the same for both version.

you just have to be sure to not mix up the savegames, for example use slot 2 for the english version and slot 3 for the german version and so on
  • edited December 2010
    For those of you with young children or siblings, considering having a go at the Bone or Wallace and Gromit games - they have some challenging puzzles, for sure, but they are definitely family friendly and you should get a kick out of playing them with children (working together, of course).

It helps if the kid is a W&G fan too, of course :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.